Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Got rid of my bed yesterday.

As part of cleaning up after being burgled I'm ruthlessly getting rid of things I don't need anymore. As I posted in my other thread, my underblanket was on the kitchen floor and my quilt was tossed out of my hammock. I think the only reason I still have the hammock is that the D-shackles connecting it to the eye bolts in the walls had cinched themselves beyond finger-tight.

It had been months since I slept in my bed.
    This frees up so much space.
    Corvis natum est.

Sorry to hear of your invasion (hope they catch them) but congratulation on loosing the bed. Ditched mine over 7 yrs. ago and never looked back- I've been sleeping better and waking refreshed- glorious feeling. Enjoy.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    My best 4+ years for a great night's sleep started when I disassembled my bed in 2017. Good luck on your restart.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I've considered that as well. I live in a tiny space and the bed takes up a good portion of it, unfortunately I like having . . . uh . . . , intimacies . . . on a more stable surface often enough that I still have both.
    The things that rule our lives.

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Better late than never, but I also wish you luck. I bought a $2k latex mattress several years ago (desperate to get rid of back pain), and now my husband enjoys it alone. I sleep in my hammock, strung up near the foot of the bed, for lack of space. Don’t get me wrong, the bed’s still useful, but I don’t miss sleeping in it .

On a serious note, I hope they find who did it, also, for justice’s sake. I know it won’t make the emotional ickiness much better. Not that my things were taken from me, but living with less on trail certainly helped me realize how little material things matter to me when it comes to happiness. It’s been a steady process of unburdening myself of excess in other areas of my life, as well.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Yeah. I started down the minimalism path a few years ago. Not with he goal of only owning a backpack and a pair of sneakers like some of the hardcore folks, but to, as you said, unburden myself. In that time I've done two whole-house clean outs, and the tidy up from this has become the third and most ruthless. There's nothing like pulling everything out of a room, cleaning it, then sorting though each item and deciding if it should be allowed back in, to give you a renewed sense of ownership of that space.
    Corvis natum est.

• + New Posts