Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    DIY Xyl
    Suspension
    Cinch / webbing

Caution: Trip report Fabrication ahead: Niagara's lost trip report.

The recent past has not been kind to travel and trekking - we've had adventures delayed or stolen as opportunities pass and time marches forth.
    Since joining the forums a few years ago the EGL group was my closest local source for gatherings and trip opportunities. As I'm sure with every other pod that hangs, they have been very welcoming right from the start (just this side of crazy... my kind of people!! (Others: you camp in a hammock? liiiike outside? what??). Although only having been a sliver of adventures, I've had the opportunity to hang at local campgrounds with world class food winter or summer. Been on canoe trips and hung amongst the trees of Algonquin, shared a seat amongst the crowd to watch Canoe symposiums and Winter Camping symposiums (pre-Covid).
    So this trip report is for the trips I didn't get to take. The French River is one I'm sorry I missed. The next Fall Algonquin trip to see the colours, where no doubt the re-telling of the legend of the mysterious dunkings at the GIANT beaver dam while the taunting and laughing of the banshies echoes through the air with their haunting laughter... When the Temagami trip materializes, it will be amazing and I will await the trip report to hear stories of tough portages, monster bugs and meals around the campfire with a group meal born out of the ingredients of the many and the soup pot from the packs of Chard.
    Folks if you ever have the opportunity to head anywhere near the EGL area of exploration for an outing please do yourself a favour and just do it. Although my life / travels will take me a different direction (moving west) I will be forever thankful for the opportunities this group has brought me, what they have taught and I will hold out hope that I can paddle and hang again one day with the EGL. Stay safe my EGL friends.... thank you all - everyone of you

Niagara.
    Last edited by Niagara; 06-11-2021 at 17:31.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    ugq Fjack and zep
    Suspension
    Webbing n buckles
    Gonna miss you on future hangs, sir!
    It is a great group of welcoming folks, and you are a big part of that spirit. Come visit! We'll set out some trees, and pea soup, and pulled pork, and reflector oven pizza, and chowder, and...

If we keep losing people to Western Canada, we're going to have to start up a sister group out there with an exchange program.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Wait, did you get permission to leave?

Brian

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    It's been a pleasure hanging with you and your missus, and we've had our fair share of laughs but I'm sure you've many new adventures ahead of you in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains. We'll keep a couple of trees open for you and who knows, you might just wake up one morning with a caravan of hungry hammockers in your driveway!

P.S. I hear told that the beavers of Algonquin have let out a collective sigh of relief.

Note: Guess who's thinking hard about beaver dams.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Gonna miss ya man! I'm not pictured above but I do have an identical bag to the one beside Jiblets so I'm there in spirit.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    1.7 dbl, WBRR LSOH Swift
    Tarp
    superfly Razor
    Insulation
    Lynx' toaster z
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Niagara View Post
    The recent past has not been kind to travel and trekking - we've had adventures delayed or stolen as opportunities pass and time marches forth.
    Since joining the forums a few years ago the EGL group was my closest local source for gatherings and trip opportunities. As I'm sure with every other pod that hangs, they have been very welcoming right from the start (just this side of crazy... my kind of people!! (Others: you camp in a hammock? liiiike outside? what??). Although only having been a sliver of adventures, I've had the opportunity to hang at local campgrounds with world class food winter or summer. Been on canoe trips and hung amongst the trees of Algonquin, shared a seat amongst the crowd to watch Canoe symposiums and Winter Camping symposiums (pre-Covid).
    So this trip report is for the trips I didn't get to take. The French River is one I'm sorry I missed. The next Fall Algonquin trip to see the colours, where no doubt the re-telling of the legend of the mysterious dunkings at the GIANT beaver dam while the taunting and laughing of the banshies echoes through the air with their haunting laughter... When the Temagami trip materializes, it will be amazing and I will await the trip report to hear stories of tough portages, monster bugs and meals around the campfire with a group meal born out of the ingredients of the many and the soup pot from the packs of Chard.
    Folks if you ever have the opportunity to head anywhere near the EGL area of exploration for an outing please do yourself a favour and just do it. Although my life / travels will take me a different direction (moving west) I will be forever thankful for the opportunities this group has brought me, what they have taught and I will hold out hope that I can paddle and hang again one day with the EGL. Stay safe my EGL friends.... thank you all - everyone of you

Niagara.
    Your welcome.
    The pleasure was all ours.
    No signs,no fees,no rules,nobody. My kind of campsite.

• + New Posts