I joined HF at the tail end of 2016 without having had any prior exposure to the modern hammock culture. I was fresh meat for the old and new.

Some notable large commercial items became available after 2016 (including some already mentioned): Tato Stand, Tensa4 Stand and their tarp extenders, Amok Draumr hammock, receiver hitch stands, pet palaces, RipStopbytheRoll custom printing for DIYers, expansion of Dutchware HQ, Superior hammocks - that's a vendor, btw. Anything/anyone I left off this list doesn't mean squat since there are so many things to learn or pay attention to (sic).

Many cottage vendors improved and expanded their product lines. The Wooki UQ by Warbonnet Outdoors, their series of tarp configurations and interior pole mods, reconfigured TQ (Mamba to Diamond), and colored fabrics other than green or brown! I'm a WB man only so I'll leave it to others if they wish to report on other vendors. Not so much because I'm biased, but more that I wasn't studying them for possible purchases.

The accessories market has added new or improved products such as ridgeline hangers for a phone, various storage solutions inside and outside the hammock, all kinds of titanium bling things to attach things to other things, sit pads, down booties, sling chairs, and monopole tables that support breakfast from a hammock (Schwarze Biene Outdoor) to name a few.

Another notable expansion of hammock "products" are YouTube videos of trips, product reviews, and what have you including numerous "how-to" offerings by that one guy who drops stuff once in a while (but not often on screen anyway).

The HF membership rolls have grown by about 8,000-9,000 by my recollection in the past four years. Was about 50,000 then. Now is 58,151.