Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Sauteed young nettles are delicious too. But someone might steal them ;-) My sister actually said that she "would kill" for the nettle dish I sent her a photo of earlier this spring. I had a suggestion for her, but she didn't take me up on it ;-(
    NettlesSauted05242021.jpg

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    If I was going to wash my Yucatan hammock, the only one I have w/ nettles that can tangle, I would tie "all" the nettles into one or more overhand knots to keep them together and then tie something through the end loops to keep them together. Then I would bag it as suggested as wash it that way.
    Of course being what it is it would have to be some kind of emergency to not just wash it by hand once it was tied up. I figure that you're not talking about a Mayan though and just a solid body hammock that has nettles so this may all be irrelevant.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    My partner and I were planting a bunch of seedlings last season.
    Me: "That last one was nettles, wasn't it?"
    Her: "Perhaps I should have mentioned..."
    Me: "It burns!"

Overhand knot with a piece of cord to secure the end! perfect. Thankyou.

Not sure if mine is technically Mayan. It's huge and cotton, an Amazonas Paradiso from memory? I have a front loader that can be delicate. I'm going to be washing every scrap of fabric in my house today, so hand washing is kinda off the table.
    Corvis natum est.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Sounds like a Brazilian, possibly one from Seaside Hammocks? I've been looking at a Paradiso Double from them. If that's what you have I'd be into hearing your thoughts on it . . . , . . . when you're done w/ laundry and all, . . . or taking a break.

Sucks that someone did that. I just had a similar happen. Came back from a month of east coast travel to find both of my mtn bikes (w/ bikepacking gear on one) and my chainsaws taken. They hit my transport and work tools.

I have a Brazilian that I sleep in full time. I use the thick heavy elastics from broccoli to tie the strings and wash in my front loader - no problems. I fold the string bundle in half and secure it near the top and bottom of each bundle, so 4 elastics. I Imagine you could do the same just tying the bundles. I like the elastics. Sorry about the break in - that sucks. Glad they didn't damage your indoor hammock!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    LowTech: I'm so sorry to hear that. I keep being grateful they missed my tools.

This is my Paradiso. I've seen it for sale on a number of different sites. I believe it's a double. It's really freaking wide and long. (okay, it's just shy of 12ft, but it's 68" wide. You need to get a good sag in it or the sides come up and swallow you whole. I almost feel like it's too wide. If it were a camping hammock I'd feel robbed of a view, but inside it's just kinda cozy.
    But it's comfortable, and I like the feel of the somewhat (heavy? rugged?) cotton on my skin. I don't mean it's coarse or rough, just sold feeling. It's certainly well made and shows no signs of wear from about eight months total worth of nights slept in it over the course of a few years (most of that more recently) or from my cats who like to scratch on it when it's time to get up and feed them. It gets my seal of approval and I would buy it again if it had been stolen.

I got the black and grey striped one, which was the best of a bad choice of colours in my opinion. If I were to buy again I'd probably get the natural cotton and dye it my preferred colour.

I ended up just tying a stout overhand knot in each bundle of nettles and it worked a treat through washing and tumble drying. Thanks for the advice all.
    Like I may have said, my underblanket was on the kitchen floor and the hammock quilt had been tossed out of the hammock. Today when I went to take the hammock down for washing I found that the big D-shackles I use to connect the hammock to the anchor rings in my walls had self-tightened beyond finger tight and I needed pliers to unscrew them. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for that they would have taken the hammock, underblanket and everything.
    Corvis natum est.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Theft was one reason i started taking my radios out of my car when i was a teenager. It definately sucks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12