Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfPackOne View Post
    I guess I'm the "Alien", looking forward to attending and learning more. I have only "elevated my perspective" 3 nights so far. Let me know if I can bring anything, more hot dogs, wood, etc. Otherwise I'll just bring the comic relief when you see my rookie set-up.

Thanks
    WP1
    Just hang around this group & you'll learn quickly and be an old pro at it in no time! Oh, and I am sorry you are associated with GroundHog!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Nova Harmony Sewn By Elsa
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Gemini UQ w/Clew
    Suspension
    JuneBug Buckles
    Myself, Dragonlady, and Jailbait are going to come out Friday.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Nova Harmony Sewn By Elsa
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Gemini UQ w/Clew
    Suspension
    JuneBug Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Reminder that Kevin and I will have firewood in the beds of our truck so feel FREE (Very FREE) to bring some up.
    Tacoma, what are you driving? We will each bring a piece in when we come.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsShaw View Post
    Myself, Dragonlady, and Jailbait are going to come out Friday.

awesome see you then, I have a2019 white Toyota Tacoma with KC hilites lights on the front, just open the tail of the truck and the containers will be there, I will be parked in the way back
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    awesome see you then, I have a2019 white Toyota Tacoma with KC hilites lights on the front, just open the tail of the truck and the containers will be there, I will be parked in the way back
    Hey Dennis...I'll be using my ULA Catalyst to haul my gear up to the Enchanted Forest, but will bring an older 40L & leave it in my Jeep. Once I haul myself up the trail and get my gear set up (and take a long breather), I'll make another trip back to the parking lot & get some wood into that extra 40L pack & haul a load up. During the weekend, I'll leave that 40L available so anyone can grab it to go get another load. Easier on the shoulders, back & arms to carry it that way.

Also, that will give me the opportunity to pass GroundHog twice going uphill!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Quote Originally Posted by WolfPackOne View Post
    I guess I'm the "Alien", looking forward to attending and learning more. I have only "elevated my perspective" 3 nights so far. Let me know if I can bring anything, more hot dogs, wood, etc. Otherwise I'll just bring the comic relief when you see my rookie set-up.

Beware, hanging around GroundHog could cause you to wear weird colored crocs.
    Thanks
    WP1
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 3
    Suspension
    UCR/Spider Straps
    I’m willing to grab the 40L pack and make a full haul of wood back to the hang site after setting up camp. Hope to be there Friday before dinner time if I can get off work early (~2.5 hr drive for me). If anyone is game for a longer day hike on Saturday I may do Butter Gap/Cat Gap loop for ~9.5 miles or hop in the car and hit another nearby loop. Some nice accessible waterfall loops in DuPont State Forest or Gorges State Park.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    LLG,WB
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    I hope to get up that way on Thursday afternoon and will be glad to haul some firewood up to the campsite. I am sure I will be makeing a trip or two back to the parking lot over the weekend. My buddy Andy is hoping to make it out for a night or two as well. He has borrowed hammock gear from me a few times this year, but this would be his first trip with all of his new setup (thanks to Warbonnet's awesome sale recently).

Quote Originally Posted by Twistytee View Post
    If anyone is game for a longer day hike on Saturday I may do Butter Gap/Cat Gap loop for ~9.5 miles
    I would be up for the hike on Saturday, but will be making a detour up Cedar Rock Mtn to hang out for a while and do some ham radio. There are some good views from up there, but it is a steep, but short, climb from the ALT. It would be nice to share the trail with you up to Cedar Rock at least and I fully understand if someone doesn't want to hang out while I fart around on a radio.

On Friday I am planning to hike up to Chestnut Knob on the ALT (yep, more ham radio) and heading over John Rock on the way back to camp. Either going back counter-clockwise by the fish hatchery (maybe a beer run by the truck?) or clockwise back up and on the Cat Gap connector trail. If anyone is interested in stretching their legs and joining me, they would be most welcome.

My rough hiking plans - https://caltopo.com/m/B5CK

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    JRB + EETQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by smkymtns View Post
    I would be up for the hike on Saturday, but will be making a detour up Cedar Rock Mtn to hang out for a while and do some ham radio. There are some good views from up there, but it is a steep, but short, climb from the ALT. It would be nice to share the trail with you up to Cedar Rock at least and I fully understand if someone doesn't want to hang out while I fart around on a radio.
    Fellow ham here, are you making a SOTA run or just doing some impromptu portable stuff?
    -- Josh

"Courage, mon ami! Le Diable est mort!"

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 3
    Suspension
    UCR/Spider Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by smkymtns View Post

On Friday I am planning to hike up to Chestnut Knob on the ALT (yep, more ham radio) and heading over John Rock on the way back to camp. Either going back counter-clockwise by the fish hatchery (maybe a beer run by the truck?) or clockwise back up and on the Cat Gap connector trail. If anyone is interested in stretching their legs and joining me, they would be most welcome.

My rough hiking plans - https://caltopo.com/m/B5CK
    Thanks for the CalTopo bookmark. Happy to have the company and check out your radio kit on Cedar Rock. I skirted it on the ALT last month when completing the NOBO route. I don’t have a specific route/destination in mind this time which makes for flexible day hike. Also wouldn’t be opposed to the potential for a beer run Friday if I can head up to Brevard earlier in the day.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast