BIKEPACKING WITH A HAMMOCK: AN INTRODUCTION , from BIKEPACKING.com

https://bikepacking.com/gear/hammock-bikepacking-introduction

Keen to try sleeping between two trees?
    Over the last year, we’ve been testing three different styles of hammocks from Eagles Nest Outfitters and Dutchware to see what the fuss is all about.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and blankets
    Suspension
    Straps
    I've been car camping. I sold my Mt. Bike, may buy another and outfit it to haul my hammock and tarp.
    I sold my bike before I had knee replaced. I bought a Walmart Beach Cruiser type bike to exercise my knee.
    I'm thinking a rack on the back, and a basket on the front,
    and a small pack on my back.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond head View Post

Over the last year, we’ve been testing three different styles of hammocks from Eagles Nest Outfitters and Dutchware to see what the fuss is all about
    In the link within your original post you summarize with a PRO/CON, and one of the cons state that :

CONS
    MUST SLEEP DIAGONALLY

Curious as to why is this not an ideal way to position oneself?

I read your reply to a similar question in the comments:

Miles Arbour Jordan Blandino • 9 days ago
    I put is as a con for those coming from a sleeping pad / tent combo - it's a pretty strange way to sleep if you've never done it. Of course, you get used to it though. Great points Jordan!

Most inexperienced hammock users will have a litany of issues with their initial sleep experiences (less than thirty nights). You might want to edit to list this con as generic to new users. As it stands now, this con is specific to the review under which it is posted, and is not included with any other hammock. Many will complain of bridge hammocks 'shoulder squeeze' for example.

To be clear, I enjoyed the article and images, just a minor edit suggestion to improve the readability of the article. Good job!
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 06-05-2021 at 09:46.

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Insulation
    EE TQ, HG UQ
    Joe, I was one of the people who responded to the original article as you suggested on the original webpage. I think they were trying to generalize at the expense of accuracy, which is sometimes an issue on a site like that, where they are trying too hard to cover a broad topic in xx word count. I also didn’t see any suggestion to buy a book etc, which would be helpful to someone just starting out. But for all we know that content was in the original draft and then edited out for some reason.

At least they covered the topic and brought it to light. Hopefully the comments section will drive readers to primary sources and other vendors.

• + New Posts