Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    Zing-it works great for me. This season I switched from a trucker's hitch to a Dutch hook and either a Dutch Fly, Figure 9, or LoopAlien MicroTi for tensioning. Knots are great, and I love the appeal of the simplicity, but hardware tensioners make it so simple....and of course once I bought the first the piece of hardware the dam broke and I had to buy one of each to find the one I liked ::shrug::

I love those MicroTi's but they. are. small. I tie it in place with slipknot loop, it's about the same or a fraction faster than adjusting the Zing-it through the Dutch Fly. I think Figure 9's are a bit cheaper of the three options, but don't quote me on that it's been several years since I bought mine.

When I started, I used paracord, but it's heavy, it stretches, and it's tough to work with when the knot's tight and even tougher to work with it's wet or you have cold fingers. Don't use paracord unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    +1 here... big Lawson fan. Great stuff.
    Same here. I love the Glowire!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DW Banyan
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckle
    If you want the flexibility of tying knots and using hardware, I recommend 2.5 mm Lawson glowire. This will work with bar tensioners, dutch worms, and line locs (without slipping in wind). The glowire is very easy to work with when it is cold and/or wet. It holds in a line loc really well.

If you want thin guy lines, I recommend 1.8 mm ZingIt, 1.3 mm Dutch cord, or 1.3 mm Zpacks Z-wire. These will work with dutch worms, slide locs. I don't know what knots will work with this line except for the the marlinspike hitch on the stake. The dutch cord and z wire seem to be stiff and less prone to tangling. In addition, they are easier to use on Dutch worms.

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by FinneganMcBrisket View Post
    If you want the flexibility of tying knots and using hardware, I recommend 2.5 mm Lawson glowire. This will work with bar tensioners, dutch worms, and line locs (without slipping in wind). The glowire is very easy to work with when it is cold and/or wet. It holds in a line loc really well.

If you want thin guy lines, I recommend 1.8 mm ZingIt, 1.3 mm Dutch cord, or 1.3 mm Zpacks Z-wire. These will work with dutch worms, slide locs. I don't know what knots will work with this line except for the the marlinspike hitch on the stake. The dutch cord and z wire seem to be stiff and less prone to tangling. In addition, they are easier to use on Dutch worms.
    I just got my 2mm glowire in the mail today as recommended from my other thread with the same name except for reflective. Curious why you recommend 2.5mm or else zingit/lasthit, etc and not 2mm glowire? Any specific reasons to avoid it?

Hammock
    DW Banyan
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    I just got my 2mm glowire in the mail today as recommended from my other thread with the same name except for reflective. Curious why you recommend 2.5mm or else zingit/lasthit, etc and not 2mm glowire? Any specific reasons to avoid it?
    The 2.5 mm is reported to work better in line loc 3’s than the smaller diameter lines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/...oc_tensioners/

Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    Marshallltown Braided Pink Fluorescent Masons Line. $14 for 500 feetmarshalltown braided masons line.jpg

And these. These light up like nothing else when a flashlight hits them, even from long distances. Super bright silver shine, as if they had batteries inside. No need for more than two per line. Use on any line. From Amazon.
    4341 2021-08-05.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    I just got some Lawson Glowire. Why did I wait so long, the stuff is beyond fantastic? I'm going to replace all my zingit guy out lines with it.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    What size Glowwire did you choose; 2mm or 2.5mm?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dreamhammock sparrow
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Tropical weather
    Suspension
    Straps and knots
    Another +1 for Lawson. Just got my second lot of glowwire 2mm this week. Great stuff and great service too

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Cougarmeat: Lawson has limited supplies right now, so I got the 2 mm in red and lime green and 3mm in black. I did not realise how fat 3mm is so next time I will get 2.5 mm instead. It is amazing how good the quality is and how a headlamp lights it us so brightly.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast