Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG The Journey
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle

Longer ridge line?

Has anyone here played with longer ridge lines on their HH? No matter what I do, my ridgeline is always guitar string tight, which in turn causes (I think) crazy calf ridge. This is on 2 different HH.

I bought a hammock from another vendor and I can easily control the tightness of the line by moving to different loops on my atlas straps, something I cannot do with the HH.

Ideas?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Go higher with your attachment points on the trees. More angle to your suspension will loosen your ridgeline. I hang my hammocks with quite a bit more than 30* of angle. Also the sag in the ridgeline will loosen the net and allow the sides of the hammock to relax and give you more room at your head and shoulders and foot end. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
    Has anyone here played with longer ridge lines on their HH? No matter what I do, my ridgeline is always guitar string tight, which in turn causes (I think) crazy calf ridge. This is on 2 different HH.

I bought a hammock from another vendor and I can easily control the tightness of the line by moving to different loops on my atlas straps, something I cannot do with the HH.

Ideas?
    I have switched to a longer ridgeline on my newer HH's. The older models are approximately 17 cm longer (0.57 feet), which I find to be much more comfortable.
    It's a pretty easy fix to get a more comfortable hammock... In my experience there's no issues with the bug net, but the 17 cm longer ridgeline is probably the limit.
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG The Journey
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Wow, this is interesting, thanks! 17cm is quite a bit! I'll experiment with lengthening the line, it's nice to have an idea of what the limit is.

I haven't looked yet, is the ridgeline tied with a knot or it has a loop at each end that the ropes feed through?

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I have installed a longer ridge line on several of my hammocks, i.e. DH Sparrow, WBBB XLC, DH Raven, and SLD Trail Lair. I use a whoopie so that I can find the sweet spot (it also works to add a CL and adjust with carabiner wraps). What I like about a whoopie is the longer length is usually the longer length means the stock netting or top no longer fit, but with the whoopie I can reef it back to OEM specs and use the netting/top if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post

Ideas?
    I've noticed this as well. I have an exp asym classic and always noticed the ridgeline to be super tight, no matter how i rig it up. Is it supposed to be like that with specifically hennessy? I know others you should be able to bend.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybro View Post
    I've noticed this as well. I have an exp asym classic and always noticed the ridgeline to be super tight, no matter how i rig it up. Is it supposed to be like that with specifically hennessy? I know others you should be able to bend.
    Sliding the suspension up the tree a bit higher can help with that in many cases.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    The one I’m in
    Tarp
    One that works
    Insulation
    HG UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing & Becket H
    I used to have the same problem with my HH. Using these tricks my HH now become one of my favorites.
    1. I hang my HH suspension higher up the tree.
    2. I let the hammock hang floppier than standard for a HH whilst keeping the body of the hammock around the height off the ground I usually would.
    3. I separated my tarp from Hennessy’s suspension. Now I hang the tarp independently on its own ridgeline.
    “A man who carries a cat by the tail learns a lesson he can learn in no other way.” ~ Mark Twain

• + New Posts