Diy tensahedron, improvements???

Hey everyone, I need some input on this tensahedron build I have been working on. First off, I purchased imitation Amsteel off of fleabay,and the UCRs won't hold even with jam knots stacked up. That stuff is so soft and slick, lesson learned. I have a older Hennessy,not sure what model,has the rope suspension. I made a dog bone Ridgeline so I can raise the fly if needed for air and my other hammocks w/o built in ridgelines. The frame is from a trampoline that was replaced and had the mesh around the exterior with galv. uprights. I read on here and other places ,odd number splices to keep the middle stronger . So that worked ,ended up a little over 10 feet -3 joints w/lock pins. The ends are fence rail caps w/the ears cut off flush and a plastic bushing cause the trampoline pipe is a tad smaller than fence top rail. I drilled the holes for the soft shackles to fit hot water PVC pipe( yellowish looking stuff). Then used a beveled wood dowel to bell/bevel with heat then rolled pipe against hard surface to smooth the lips flat. I drilled the caps on the ground to drain any standing water cause I think I will just leave the tops open.( Easy to hook steel caribeaners in anyhow). Also found these ground anchors cheap at atwood's farm supply, $6 bucks, spring steel,hope they hold. I'll try to post some picts and hope the PVC thing helps some folks to keep from cutting their ropes,should be very durable and super smooth so far. I need to get some webbing and keep for back up suspension,marlin toggle that type of thing. I am learning all these knots and terms so bear with me if I misspoke any. Also I may think up a spreader bar,flexible to go under the hobble and across to each corner of the rain fly and not have to have stakes in the ground. PXL_20210529_213010237.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still pondering, what about a base (pads)for the center points to rest on with built in post mounts for porch mode? Just trying to make life easier,here in rockville. The ground auger is going to be a bear out in the wild ,I just know it. Can always use the SUV I guess,and put a weight on the other end like others do. Definitely a car camper setup anyhow, no backpacking this monstrosity in the woods.

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Looks better than mine do.
    You ought to sleep well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just broke it down from first night,(back yard). All the soft shackles look good,I was very leary of the imitation Amsteel I got from fleabay. The setup slept very well and was really quiet. I move around a lot and never noticed any creaking or popping. I thought I wouldn't like the lowness to the ground but never noticed once asleep( obviously). Keep the net closed and let the snakes investigate if they need to in the night. Now just need to tinker with pads for the feet with porch mode attachments. Definitely need a bigger rainfly the Hennessy one is bare bones coverage,for weight savings I guess. If anyone has made one of these tensahedrons I really suggest a liner for the holes for the shackles. The little hotwater PVC works great and easy to shape w/heat gun.1622390644930136495022059013049.jpg

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG The Journey
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Nice setup! I like everyone's personal touches on these builds!

• + New Posts