Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ

Favorite Hammock Camping Purchase from REI?

I've been eyeing a number of pieces of gear at my local REI. Given the current 20% off any single item sale, I'm curious what your favorite piece of gear bought at REI has been?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Please keep your post directly related to hammocks, tarps, suspension, and not on general camping gear. If this thread moved to general gear responses, the thread will get moved to the donating member area.

Thanks
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Please keep your post directly related to hammocks, tarps, suspension, and not on general camping gear. If this thread moved to general gear responses, the thread will get moved to the donating member area.

Thanks
    Okey dokey. You guys run a pretty tight ship around here!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisJoseph View Post
    Okey dokey. You guys run a pretty tight ship around here!
    It is part of the Terms of Service (TOS) which we do hold to pretty close. If you want to read the rest of the TOS, you will find a link in my signature.
    Have a good day.

quote from the TOS
    III. Stay On-Topic. This is a moderated site about hammocks. Off-topic posts will be removed from the hammock sub-forums.

HF was started to become the single best source of hammock information on the internet. Our goal is to provide a respectful forum for hammock enthusiasts, and to ensure that it runs smoothly…not to grow the forum, nor to provide a friendly discussion forum for general outdoor enthusiasts. Discussion of knives, stoves, paddling, backpacks and other non-hammock related issues detracts from our primary objective. Excellent information on all of these topics can be found on dozens of other sites around the internet...but only this site can claim to have the most experts on hammocks in the world and we plan to keep that focus.

All threads not directly related to hammocks will be moved to the Donating Members section. Fewer posts, but higher quality ones focused on our primary mission area, is a perfectly acceptable outcome of this policy. Please note that if you are not a donating member, you will not have access to a thread you started that gets moved to the off-topic area. You may either participate on topic in the free access areas or donate to get access.

This policy is not open for debate, so please do not email the moderators with requests that we run this forum like others you frequent.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ
    I am looking at the Kammok Firebelly 30* quilt. Anybody have any experience with one of those? Obviously you're paying a bit more than you would for just an UQ or TQ, but I really like the idea of its versatility.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

I've gotten numerous hammock items at REI, but the best garage sale score was TWO of their REI bridge hammocks for $50 a piece. My friend and I purchased our first bridge hammocks that day.

◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post

I've gotten numerous hammock items at REI, but the best garage sale score was TWO of their REI bridge hammocks for $50 a piece. My friend and I purchased our first bridge hammocks that day.

What a great find! Are they any good??

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisJoseph View Post
    What a great find! Are they any good??
    Yes. I'm quite impressed with them. The design is great for beginner hammock camper. I heard they don't make them anymore. I need to add longer tree straps and I'll add a larger tarp to this set up to make it even better.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

I know Eno gets a bad rap but the DoubleNest lives in my car for lounge hanging wherever I might want to. Not necessarily recommending that hammock, but the Helios XL straps are a pretty good deal for introductory whoopie slings if you haven't tried them before. Not the most expensive item out there, but it's not bad. In higher price points, I don't know if REI still carries the Eno Roadie, but that stays in my car most of the summer as well. Great for spending some time at a wayside, tailgate, and I used it a bunch last summer for socially distanced parking lot meet-ups.

• + New Posts