Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Single- or double-layer bridge hammock for use with inflatable pad?

Hi all. I’m planning to order a RidgeRunner soon, and am trying to decide between single or double layer. At least some of the time I plan to use my 25” wide Nemo Tensor insulated inflatable pad. I’ve tried using pads in single-layer gathered end hammocks before and that was an absolute nightmare with the pad sliding all over the place. In reading some posts here it seems like people tend to have better experiences putting a pad into a single layer bridge hammock than GE hammock. I’d love to avoid the extra weight of a double layer if possible, but if it dramatically improves the experience of using a pad I’ll deal with it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleBox View Post
    Hi all. I’m planning to order a RidgeRunner soon, and am trying to decide between single or double layer. At least some of the time I plan to use my 25” wide Nemo Tensor insulated inflatable pad. I’ve tried using pads in single-layer gathered end hammocks before and that was an absolute nightmare with the pad sliding all over the place. In reading some posts here it seems like people tend to have better experiences putting a pad into a single layer bridge hammock than GE hammock. I’d love to avoid the extra weight of a double layer if possible, but if it dramatically improves the experience of using a pad I’ll deal with it. Thanks!
    My wife has a double layer RR. I have a single layer DIY bridge. Without question hers is easier to use with a pad because of the layers. If I were buying a bridge and knew I'd be using a pad with it, I'd get the double layer. One caveat is that neither of us has used an inflatable pad in our respective bridge hammocks, only relatively thin CCF pads.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Super/Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Diamond Back
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I agree with Sidneyhornblower. I have the RR double layer and a Warbonnet 20*under quilt, plan is to use pad in addition to quilt for colder weather.

• + New Posts