Blackbird Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Ridgereape
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

VIDEO: Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore

Pictured Rocks National Lake shore is one of the more scenic hikes I have ever been on. We had perfect weather for this 42 mile thru hike. Pictured Rocks is nestled along Lake Superior's southern shore located on the upper Peninsula of Michigan. I was joined by 10 other hikers on this 5 day adventure.

On Day 1, we met at the Munising Falls Visitor Center and hiked 6 miles into the Cliffs Group campsite. Along the way we passed numerous waterfalls and Lake Superior overlooks.

On Day 2, we took off from the Cliff Group Campsite and hiked 12 miles to the Coves Group Campsite. We had a chance to relax on a couple of great sand beaches and their were numerous awesome lookouts of Lake Superior. The sun was out and the water was as calm as it was clear.

On Day 3, we left the Coves Group Campsite and I walked 10 miles to the Seven Mile Group Campsite. More beaches and Lake Superior overlooks. I veered off (on purpose) and walked to see Trappers Lake.

On Day 4, we packed up and left the Seven Mile Group Campsite and walked 7 miles to the Au Sable East Group Campsite. Along the way we passed Hurricane River, numerous shipwrecks, and the Au Sable Lighthouse.

On Day 5, we left the Au Sable East Campsite and walked 7 miles to the Gand Sable Visitor Center. We saw the log chute and a spectacular morning view of the Au Sable Dunes.

It was a great group to hike with. Walking with a bigger group is a struggle for me sometimes. People have variety of hiking speeds, fitness levels, and backpacking experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 days with this group.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / 20 TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    Awesome video! That's a big group to hike with. Love the beach scenes - feels more like the ocean than a lake!

• + New Posts