Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch

Looking for a little advice

I'm debating between Trail Headz Banshee UL and their standard Banshee. The UL is in Hexon 1.2 while the standard is in MTN 1.2, otherwise the difference is 6" in length - the UL is 10.5' and the standard is 11'. I'm 6'4" tall. I've found my 11' hammocks to be more comfortable for me than any of my shorter hammocks, but there are other variables involved with this including fabrics.

Will the extra 6" in length of the hammock make a significant difference in the lay? I'm willing to pay a 4 ounce weight difference penalty if it's going to mean not sacrificing comfort in the sleep system.

Thanks for any opinions!
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    An even more important difference is the width. Banshee is listed at 65" width and UL is 58".

At 6'4" I think you might find a 10.5'x58" rather cramped and very hard to achieve a comfortable diagonal lay. Hopefully some taller folks will weigh in to confirm this. I'm 5'9" and early on the good folks at Dream Hammocks recommended for me 10'x64" for a 10' hammock and that has always worked beautifully. I recently got a 10'x64" SLD Trail Runner and, once again, those dimensions are spot-on for me.

I've got to believe that someone who is 6'4" is going to need something longer and wider, so given the 2 choices it seems the 11'x65" is obvious.

However, with hammocks you never know; sometimes there are taller folks who claim to be comfortable in a 9' hammock, and there are people who are 5'4" and prefer a 12' hammock.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts