Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

Trip Report: WI > 5th Annual BACONFEST > Lake Wissota S.P. in Chippewa Falls, WI > May 2021

BACONFEST 2021 Attendees, please post any reports about the weekend on this thread. I'll add my two cents in a bit. I need to unpack my car first, then shower, and probably eat dinner. And gosh, after staying up until 2am last night, I'm really tired.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    The 5th Annual BACONFEST was held at Lake Wissota State Park in Chippewa Falls, WI. There were 22 in attendance + 6 dogs. We had campers from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.

On Friday night we celebrated the 5th Annual BACONFEST with a birthday bash. Cake, punch, decorations, music, and games were on the agenda.

Everyone in attendance was given a birthday gift of a BACONFEST vinyl sticker. Karla "with a K' and WoodWzrd show of theirs.

Swung's new Goliath grill was perfect for our traditional bacon and egg breakfast. Pictured: Loonatic, XLC, & Swung

GeekMedic, Aunt Em, & Karla "with a k" took advantage of the local Leinenkugel Brewery Tour.

Canoeski's BLT lunch crew was amazing! Might have been the best BLT's in BACONFEST's history.

We had random bacon sayings we used for pictures. Here are a sampling!

XLC & Henry (the dog)

Anna & WoodWzrd

Loonatic & Darbe

KattDogg

BrianMuska & Heidi dropped by to say hello. They are HF members who live in the area, but weren't able to join us for the entire weekend. We LOVE it when people stop by!

Tumbleweed won Best Sweet Bacon Bite with his bacon wrapped water chestnuts

Car Camper won best savory with his bacon wrapped Italian sausage rolls.

Minnesota Matt won Honorable Mention for his bacon wrapped peaches.

We enjoyed a double fire pit both nights as we avoided rain both evenings. It only rained on Thursday, while driving there, and driving home. It was very humid all weekend, but the weather was better than forecasted so we were thankful.
    Thursday: 70° / 64
    °
    Friday: 75° / 65°
    Saturday: 83° / 64°

This was the largest attended camping event any of us had been to in over a year. It was a welcomed feeling from former years and a hope for a return to "normal". We were dog-gone tired by the end of the weekend.

If you want to see ALL the pictures from the weekend, then go here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ChmgM88RzYNQxgYt5

Next year's location and dates will be official once the campsite has been reserved. Hopefully we will be at Nelson Dewey State Park in Cassville, WI (South/West corner of the state) on May 20-22. This will be a hammock stand only hang.
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 05-26-2021 at 18:20.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    I had a good time for what it’s worth. Karla with a K did a bang up job and erveryones food was pretty darn yummy.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    we had 6 puppers there... only 1 of them truly behaved..... Moca is the best
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by kattdogg View Post
    we had 6 puppers there... only 1 of them truly behaved..... Moca is the best
    Oh, good catch! I forgot Luna!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbe View Post
    I had a good time for what it’s worth. Karla with a K did a bang up job and erveryones food was pretty darn yummy.
    Thanks Darbe! I liked your dish and thanks for all the chips and Canadian bacon too. Glad you made the journey from Illinois. It was awesome to meet you!

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Moka followed Loonatic around like he had a steak in his pocket. All the Pups were great.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    BACONFEST feedback surveys are now emailed. I used the email address on the registration sign-up page. If you didn't receive the survey, then PM me your email address and I'll get one sent to you. Four people have already completed it!

• + New Posts