I received this about 2 months ago and finally got around to testing it today in my local woods. It's not often that new gear sits around quite that long before I test it, but we've finally got some gnats swarming and the mosquitoes are starting to pester us, which makes for a more realistic experience. I always test even the seemingly most simple stuff before taking it on the trail because I never know for sure what little hiccups or tricks I might learn when actually setting up. I love my integrated net hammocks, but I want to see how this works on the trail because sometimes I really enjoy sleeping netless, so it's nice to have the option.

This one is made with the nano (0.7osy) material and is designed to fit my 10' Tree Runner (also SLD), a Hexon 1.6 hammock of which I've become very fond. The bug net weighs 152.6g in its perfectly sized stuff sack. As usual, Jared's workmanship is superb, and once again I was blown away by his warp speed turnaround time.

I'm glad I tested because I had to figure out the sequence of deployment of the various bits. So after a bit of futzing around I learned that after attaching the head end of the hammock I had to thread the foot end CL through the bug net—big opening toward the head— before attaching the suspension webbing to the foot-end CL on the hammock. No biggie, but not something I want to find out for the first time under duress, say when it's raining and/or mosquitoes or black flies are feasting on my carcass.

It was easy to attach the UQ before sliding the net over the hammock, and the larger (cinch-able) opening is big enough to fit over a pretty good sized UQ, and maybe even a UQ+TQ with 40deg rating or so. Heck, maybe even bigger quilts, but of course if there are flying pests around it usually means it's warmer and therefore lighter quilts will be in use. Getting in and out was easy enough, and it was easy to cinch and un-cinch the shock cord for the big bottom opening. When in the hammock, the net was not hanging on my face or otherwise flopping around.

So I napped for about an hour and enjoyed watching the gnats' and mosquitoes' futile attacks.