Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's

New Canadian, New to Hammocks!

Hello all, New member here that's also new to Hammocks in general.

I recently made the choice to ditch the tent setup, and go with a hammock instead. Couple reasons I decided on this, main one was space/weight savings. I'm getting more into canoe camping/backpack camping and my tent setup was just a huge space and weight hog in my pack. So instead of switching a lighter/smaller tent setup I went with a hammock.

I purchased a Coyote Pack from Hemlock Mountain Outdoors, and I've hung it a few times now just to lounge around in and I must say, I'm excited for my first overnighter with it. It's such a comfortable way to lay. I do have to get an underquilt still, and will likely go with HMO again as I am super happy with the quality and everything about the hammock I have.

anyways, that's about it. New Canadian, New to Hammocks, excited for the future of my hammock life!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Welcome, fellow colonial.

If you have any questions about dialling in your setup, just ask. It can be a pretty steep learning curve. Do certainly get yourself an underquilt.

Happy hanging!
    Corvis natum est.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Welcome from down south in the Uwharries.
    Camping with a kayak, or canoe, can let you see your world from a different perspective.

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    You might want to check out Hofman outdoor gear supply. They’re in Winnipeg and sell a lot of hammock gear. If you’re in Manitoba, that might be a nearby hookup for decent stuff

Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's
    Quote Originally Posted by Caconym View Post
    Welcome, fellow colonial.

If you have any questions about dialling in your setup, just ask. It can be a pretty steep learning curve. Do certainly get yourself an underquilt.

Happy hanging!
    Actually ordered up my under and top quilt this evening! Pretty excited! I've hung my hammock a few times so far, it's honestly a lot easier than I thought it would be to get a good hang. Excited for getting it out into the wild, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Welcome from down south in the Uwharries.
    Camping with a kayak, or canoe, can let you see your world from a different perspective.
    That was the main reason for getting a canoe, I wanted to see things from a new perspective and go places I couldn't get to before. Pretty exciting year ahead of me in terms of new things!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
    You might want to check out Hofman outdoor gear supply. They’re in Winnipeg and sell a lot of hammock gear. If you’re in Manitoba, that might be a nearby hookup for decent stuff
    I am in Manitoba, I will check them out! I usually use Wilderness Supply for getting things locally, as I have a 10% off with them through Paddle MB. But will check out hofman as well to see what they have.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Little Shop of Hammocks is around there and they seem like a good source as well.

Brian

Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's
    One thing that's kind of crazy to me is the prices on hammock stuff locally, vs from in the US. My entire setup, hammock, underquilt, and top quilt is cheaper than just an underquilt of similar rating up here.

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    If you’re looking for a tarp, I recently bought a maelstrom from Prometheans - a Canadian site. It was like $100 or so, Canadian, shipped. It’s not as nice as some, but for the money, it’s a solid tarp with doors

That should maximize your capacity going to Hammock. Welcome

Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's
    Definitely saves me a ton of room in my pack! Even my under/top quilt combo is smaller than just my old sleeping bag is. Granted, my old gear (Tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag) was not ever intended to be a backpacking set, so they were definitely not the smallest/lightest I could have gotten, but overall space/weight savings are very nice. I have a 65L pack, and my tent camping gear took up over half of it!
    Manitoba, Canada
    First Ever Hang

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast