Greetings from NE!

Hi all I appreciate the hospitality!

I'm from South Dakota originally but now reside in Nebraska. I have been camping since before I could walk. I always take a cheap ENO hammock with me camping, but definitely not for sleeping purposes.

I will be receiving my first "non generic" hammock in the mail tomorrow. I went with the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC. The goal is to completely alleviate the need for a tent or other sleeping necessities. I am an avid hiker/rucker, and enjoy multi day trips. Given that weight is a big factor when hiking, I opted for a hammock to not only save some space and weight but to aslo refrain from sleeping on the ground!

I have my eyes set on a wooki underquilt as well as a top cover, but that will have to come at a later date. Summer is upon us anyway!

I'm excited to learn from the group and have watched several videos in anticipation of the XLC on the way. Can't wait to sleep in the comfort everyone speaks of when that particular hammock comes up!

Other than hiking and camping, I am an avid fisherman. Its been an idea of mine to take my pack on the boat, follow the river and pull of on a spot and hammock camp for the night. I enjoy bushcraft, pushing myself to learn new skills such as firemaking with limited resources, and becoming more self sustaining in general.

I look forward to getting to know you all, I will surely post pictures of the XLC and myself when I get it out in the field!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Welcome! The XLC is a fine hammock - I had the original version, and now my oldest son uses it (okay, he laid claim to it and I had to purchase another hammock....)
    You'll have to keep us posted about the boat trip - my kids want to try something similar. Either way, you're going to have a great time!
    There is a wealth of knowledge on here - get ready for the firehose.

Thank you very much! Since I don't have pics of my hammock, here's my boat!

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome to the forums from Charlotte.
    It’s exciting when that new gear shows up at the front door. I’ve got an XLC and love the shelf, hammock, etc.

What tarp do you have or plan to get?

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Welcome from Northern New Jersey!

I had the Warbonnet BlackBird until my daughter claimed it - now rocking the Dutchware Chameleon! You'll find so much information here (and so much temptation for new gear to buy!)

They have trees in Nebraska? I thought it was all just corn!

Happy hangin, and glad you're here!
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Welcome to the forums from Charlotte.
    It’s exciting when that new gear shows up at the front door. I’ve got an XLC and love the shelf, hammock, etc.

What tarp do you have or plan to get?
    I have a "YUEDGE" tarp that does what I need it to for now, ill eventually be getting a better one, but for now it does just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DocTheo View Post
    Welcome from Northern New Jersey!

I had the Warbonnet BlackBird until my daughter claimed it - now rocking the Dutchware Chameleon! You'll find so much information here (and so much temptation for new gear to buy!)

They have trees in Nebraska? I thought it was all just corn!

Happy hangin, and glad you're here!
    Thank you! Appreciate it. I can't count how many times I've been asked if I drive a tractor to work

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Quote Originally Posted by PTownTheProphet View Post
    Thank you! Appreciate it. I can't count how many times I've been asked if I drive a tractor to work

Well..... Since you didn't say either way... Do you drive a tractor to work?
    That boat is a little fancier than our Jon boat that we plan to ride out on - I don't mind beaching mine though!

Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    Well..... Since you didn't say either way... Do you drive a tractor to work?
    That boat is a little fancier than our Jon boat that we plan to ride out on - I don't mind beaching mine though!
    I put this thing through hell! We've jumped just just few beaver dams

• + New Posts