DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG UL Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I've got a Puffle 20 Down blanket.

If its modular design is your priority (it was for me - and I had a Sierra Madre gift certificate to burn), it's a great piece. We have 4 hangers in my family and I wanted that piece of insulation to be able to function as either a top or bottom piece depending on the adventure. It's a roomy topquilt and and a huge underquilt! If functions fine as both, though as an underquilt, it's perhaps too big to make a good seal all the way around. My 20deg Cedar Ridge is a way nicer fit and warmer.

The price of the versatility is the heft of it. It's quite heavy and doesn't pack down that great.

From a value standpoint, It's not a great deal. Had I not had a gift certificate, I wouldn't buy it. I was previously looking at the Jacks R Better convertible quilt that's only $10 more, made in the US instead of China, and has 800fp goose down instead of 650fp duck down (90% down/10% feathers).

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Looking for one
    Insulation
    Wooki and JRB Sniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I have the 20* Puffle in down. I'm on the fence about it. It's well made and very comfortable feel. Down seems adequate and I compared it to my EE 20* Revelation and it had the same loft.

I tried it as an UQ with the SMR Ninox. I had a hard time keeping it in place but I'm also a novice hammock camper. I also have the WB Eldorado and a Wooki UQ and it truly is set it and forget it so that's a high standard. The bit of fabric to eliminate the hole in TQ mode is pretty smart.

I found that I had to fuss with the cords to get them to have just the right pressure on my backside and I still felt like I had a cold spot or two. Again, this may not be a Puffle issue.

Like you I like the modularity of it. And also like you I have a fam of 5 with 3 under 12 yo so modularity is helpful.

I wish they would have made it in 800 fill. Oh, and ditched the turquoise accent colors.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12