one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR

Onewind & Derek Hansen

I just saw that Derek did a review of Onewinds tarp and hammock. He gave it a pretty favorable review.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Thats a great review. My experience matches. I’ve been using my 11’ oneWind daily for the last year, indoors and out - super comfortable and no issues.

I also love the tarp - it’s a fair bit heavier than my SuperFly, but not unreasonably so and it’s super durable or at least has been so far. I’ve had it in some bad wet windy weather and it’s always kept me 100% warm and dry. I really appreciate that it comes with everything that you need (guylines, door fasteners, stakes and tensioners, it’s fool proof) - nothing to do but put it up.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Think I'm at about 60 nights in mine. I did do a couple mods/add ons to the tarp. I added some hookworms and zingit to the door shock cord loops. I like being able to tension them to stakes.
    I also tied some of their line locks, the ones w/ the little hook on them, to the corner webbing loops so that I could do an interior pole mod. I had extras that I took off of other places/things and the hook fits inside the end of the .344 tent poles.
    I use the ones on the side tie outs the same way for an exterior pole mode and they are fine w/ the shock cord, but for the interior I needed the end point attachments to be non shock corded.
    At some point I'll change those as I'd like to run some shock cord through the tent poles to keep them together and that would change how they end. Probably going to use some Beasty Ds.

Anyone tell me where Onewind manufactures their gear?

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Pretty sure China.

Thanks. I requested info from them without response.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbe View Post
    Anyone tell me where Onewind manufactures their gear?
    Suzhou, China
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon 1.6 Hex, Sym BugNet
    Tarp
    12'x10' Silnylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    DWG Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I absolutely love the Onewind tarp. The new 12' version is just about perfect. Looking at the stitching quality and strength of the materials, it's definitely the best you can get on Amazon, that's for sure. I made some modifications to mine including swapping out the Linelocs and guylines with dyneema 2.2mm Lash-It, Beastee Dee rings and Lineloc 3's on all the tieouts including the corner tie outs. I don't like using shock cord on tarps (except the side panel pull-outs), it just seems to cause unnecessary sag in the tarp, so I took all of that off. With the dyneema lines, I spliced a fixed loop in the ends of the lines and ran those through the lineloc's, which makes staking out pretty easy. With the beastee dee rings on there I can set up in porch mode with my trekking poles, and I can also use the poles over top on the side panel pullouts. I have an old dome tent that I no longer use since moving to hammocks that has about 10' collapsible poles, I want to see if I can use them as internal pole mods on the tarp. If they're too long I can always take out sections to shorten them or at the very least use them for the panel pullouts instead of my trekking poles. Also not sure of their weight, they might be adding more than I want for backpacking, but we'll have to see. This is going to be my weekend project one of these days.

Hope people don't shame me for buying from a company abroad. Apparently that's a no-no in this group. But don't worry, I have my share of cottage vendor gear in addition to my experimental Amazon purchases. I also don't buy into the whole "it's unethical to not buy American" narrative. People have been sleeping in hammocks for literally centuries, long before anyone in the U.S. got the idea to do it. There is nothing new to what we do on here, it's just that cottage vendors have been able to source better materials (possibly from overseas?? Gasp!) and essentially make gear that is what I would consider to be the luxury version of hammock camping gear. I am currently vacationing in El Salvador and I can't tell you the number of gathered end hammocks I've seen strung up around here that look like they were just tied from blankets (which is what prompted me to hop on the forum here lol), and I doubt any of them are American-made. They definitely aren't hammocks you'd want to take backpacking, but just about every one I've seen looks like it was tied up with the beckett hitch (whether or not that's what people here call it, I have not asked anyone and I doubt anyone here cares lol). Anyways, to end this rant which I did not expect to be typing when I joined here and hope I didn't offend anyone, I love the Onewind tarp!

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj_browne View Post
    I absolutely love the Onewind tarp. The new 12' version is just about perfect. Looking at the stitching quality and strength of the materials, it's definitely the best you can get on Amazon, that's for sure. I made some modifications to mine including swapping out the Linelocs and guylines with dyneema 2.2mm Lash-It, Beastee Dee rings and Lineloc 3's on all the tieouts including the corner tie outs. I don't like using shock cord on tarps (except the side panel pull-outs), it just seems to cause unnecessary sag in the tarp, so I took all of that off. With the dyneema lines, I spliced a fixed loop in the ends of the lines and ran those through the lineloc's, which makes staking out pretty easy. With the beastee dee rings on there I can set up in porch mode with my trekking poles, and I can also use the poles over top on the side panel pullouts. I have an old dome tent that I no longer use since moving to hammocks that has about 10' collapsible poles, I want to see if I can use them as internal pole mods on the tarp. If they're too long I can always take out sections to shorten them or at the very least use them for the panel pullouts instead of my trekking poles. I love the Onewind tarp!
    These are the measurements that I used to do those pole mods on that tarp.
    Tarp exterior poles = 65"
    Tarp interior poles = 124"
    Hope it helps.

I also learned the Becket Hitch in Central America only we all called it the hammock knot.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon 1.6 Hex, Sym BugNet
    Tarp
    12'x10' Silnylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    DWG Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    These are the measurements that I used to do those pole mods on that tarp.
    Tarp exterior poles = 65"
    Tarp interior poles = 124"
    Hope it helps.

I also learned the Becket Hitch in Central America only we all called it the hammock knot.
    Thanks!! I will try that out when I'm back!

Yeah, I was looking at hammock hanging up at a street side vendor, they built an entire gazebo to use and had a few hammocks hung up on it with rope. Me being a hammock nerd i took a closer look and was like "hey, that's a beckett hitch!!"

• + New Posts