Hammock
    Dutchware / Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Are these sites that you need to be a group to reserve, or can anyone do it? (ie, could I just reserve one of them and stay an extra night?)

I am thinking about coming, but if I do, I either need to stay an extra night at the end, find somewhere else to camp, between two camping trips, or make an extra drive back to Pittsburgh that I would like to avoid before heading several hundred miles in the opposite direction to camp with my Dad the following week.

Still not sure which I would do, If I am even able to add the extra days off... but I would love to know what my options are?

Quote Originally Posted by k5bpc View Post
    Are these sites that you need to be a group to reserve, or can anyone do it? (ie, could I just reserve one of them and stay an extra night?)

I am thinking about coming, but if I do, I either need to stay an extra night at the end, find somewhere else to camp, between two camping trips, or make an extra drive back to Pittsburgh that I would like to avoid before heading several hundred miles in the opposite direction to camp with my Dad the following week.

Still not sure which I would do, If I am even able to add the extra days off... but I would love to know what my options are?
    It's basically dispersed camping below the parking lot, no reservations. There's plenty of room too.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly Strap

Hi Brian,
    You will drive to the Minister Creek camp site but park in its general parking lot then just walk into the woods below the public campsite. There a trail that goes along the creek and we are about 75 yards down in the woods, it totally wild camping. As for additional camping around the area its Allegheny National forest you can really camp anywhere! If your looking for a fixed site down along the Clarion River there are disperse sites along the river and up along Mill Stream leading to Loleta NF campground. If you are looking for a place with outhouses then Loleta or Minister Creek campground have those. Also Google Minister Creek trail loop for a map of the trail.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly Strap
    Oh I planning to be there too if nothing comes up!
    Christine
    N3LRG

Hammock
    Dutchware / Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Well.... PTO is approved, and I have ordered a new suspension from Dutch for my Sparrow... so I am thinking this is a go.

How many people would be interested in Omelets and Scrapple Friday or Saturday morning if the birds are cooperating? would 9 be too late for breakfast, or do y'all value sleep as much as I do?

This being my first hang here, is there anything else special I should bring / do / know?

Gadgetcat, do you plan on activating any summits? Do you want some company if you do?

Thanks all!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly Strap
    Gadgetcat, do you plan on activating any summits? Do you want some company if you do?

Thanks all!
    Hmm
    You made me look there are 2 6-pointers and 3 4-pointer about an hour NW of the campsite. Never did any up there not too many activation. I will have to think about that...
    C

If I can find someone to go with me, I would like to try out this hang. Usually I don’t like camping in the middle of the Summer but what heck. You only can sweat so much right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Not going to make that weekend, I have to work, I dont get my vacation until the following week.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    How many people would be interested in Omelets and Scrapple Friday or Saturday morning if the birds are cooperating? would 9 be too late for breakfast, or do y'all value sleep as much as I do?

This being my first hang here, is there anything else special I should bring / do / know?
    I'm certainly never opposed to a late breakfast.

Nothing too crucial to mention. This is a very casual hang, with lots of space to spread out. The trail back to our campsite is straight and flat, though occasionally muddy. There's a great hiking loop across the road, and there's some decent fishing in walking distance on Tionesta Creek.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    I have every intention of attending. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone else’s gear now that I’m two years more educated on the stuff from the last time I attended.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast