Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Thanks Paul. I might just do that and spend another night on the river. Already done the FHT in that section.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Thanks Paul. I might just do that and spend another night on the river. Already done the FHT in that section.
    Sounds good.
    I’ll probably stay over Sunday night as well but not sure what my plan will be.

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    I did that loop 4-5 years ago. At that time, there were quite a few lay downs on the Fork Mtn section of the trail, so a lot of crawling under, over or going around. I don't think that section gets maintained as well. I'm not even sure who maintains it. But, it was a decent trip. I did it as an overnighter, parking at Sloan bridge (Fork Mtn>Chattooga>Foothills). I camped on the Chattooga right before you cross Bad Creek. If I did again, I'd go ahead and cross Bad Creek and camp on the other side. I had to wade Bad Creek 1st thing (knee deep) and start my day with wet shoes. I didn't have to wade through that much water the rest of the way. You're going to have to cross it, but better to start the 2nd day with damp shoes versus wet. Fire wood may be tough to come by on the section along the Chattooga. It gets a fair amount of traffic (picked pretty clean), especially if they are releasing trout.
    Bill

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wkerber View Post
    I did that loop 4-5 years ago. At that time, there were quite a few lay downs on the Fork Mtn section of the trail, so a lot of crawling under, over or going around. I don't think that section gets maintained as well. I'm not even sure who maintains it. But, it was a decent trip. I did it as an overnighter, parking at Sloan bridge (Fork Mtn>Chattooga>Foothills). I camped on the Chattooga right before you cross Bad Creek. If I did again, I'd go ahead and cross Bad Creek and camp on the other side. I had to wade Bad Creek 1st thing (knee deep) and start my day with wet shoes. I didn't have to wade through that much water the rest of the way. You're going to have to cross it, but better to start the 2nd day with damp shoes versus wet. Fire wood may be tough to come by on the section along the Chattooga. It gets a fair amount of traffic (picked pretty clean), especially if they are releasing trout.
    Thanks Wkerber. We're looking at camping somewhere after Bad Creek going counter clockwise. Good intel on that one requiring taking off the shoes or getting the feet wet.
    And yea I saw the older notes about trees down from years ago. We'll just take it as we see it.

Feel free to come join us

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    All - here's the CalTopo map for for this loop.

Ive got the trails broken into 3 parts.. you can click each part to see if the elevation profile.

P - Parking.. lower left is Burrells Ford, upper right is Sloan Bridge.
    C - possible camping spot, end of day 1

I'm not sure what map it pops up in.. but you can change it in CalTopo... in the upper left, select Base Layers.. a good clean map is TF Outdoors
    https://caltopo.com/m/NR0A

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 3
    Suspension
    UCR/Spider Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Wkerber View Post
    Thanks for the tips Wkerber. I haven’t been down that way before so looking forward to checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    All - here's the CalTopo map for for this loop.

Ive got the trails broken into 3 parts.. you can click each part to see if the elevation profile.

P - Parking.. lower left is Burrells Ford, upper right is Sloan Bridge.
    C - possible camping spot, end of day 1

I'm not sure what map it pops up in.. but you can change it in CalTopo... in the upper left, select Base Layers.. a good clean map is TF Outdoors
    https://caltopo.com/m/NR0A
    Thanks for updating this Paul. Appreciate the profile views.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG WP and Asymm
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ; MLD TQ
    Suspension
    I go Dutch
    Images
    I am interested, but it will be next Wednesday before I can commit. I hope that's OK.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who say there are two kinds of people, and all the others.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I am interested, but it will be next Wednesday before I can commit. I hope that's OK.
    Yep that should be fine. We'd be happy to have you along.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG WP and Asymm
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ; MLD TQ
    Suspension
    I go Dutch
    Images
    OK, I'm in! I'm taking my wife to the Asheville Airport early Saturday morning, so I'll have plenty of time to get lost, and still be there before noon.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who say there are two kinds of people, and all the others.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    OK, I'm in! I'm taking my wife to the Asheville Airport early Saturday morning, so I'll have plenty of time to get lost, and still be there before noon.
    Great to have you onboard El Gordo!
    I'll message you so we can exchange contact details.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast