Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

2021 Spring Hoosier Hang

Survived my trip to the Hoosier Hang. Very glad I was able to get up with Treebeard at the parking lot and hike in with him as I don't think I would have found the site on my own.

Left Murphy NC Wednesday AM and ran into snow south of Louisville KY but it was too warm to stick so it decided to rain instead. Stopped and got a hotel room for the night so of course stopped raining. Got to parking lot Thursday at 12 noon and got up with Treebeard and we hiked to site. Short hike but it kicked my butt. Getting old and have not gotten enough hiking time in and it showed. We came across one other hanger who hiked on ahead to the site.
    Nice hike as all the flowers are in bloom and the May apples were everywhere. Came across several other folks day hiking and or camping elsewhere in the area. Site area had lots of trees to hang from and plenty of downed wood to burn. If you have never been to area then you should.

Got to meet some folks who I only know from reading their posts on the forum and got to say hi to Countrybois who I had met when he came down to NC a couple of years back to at hang my wife and I hosted.

Talked to couple of guys who hiked in to see the hang and naturally talked about hammocks as they were just getting started.

Only got down to 30 degrees Thursday night and Friday night was warmer. Decided to leave Saturday as it was suppose to rain all day Sunday and I hate hiking the rain. Found it easier hiking out which I contribute to having lightened my load by eating all my heavy food items. Never did cook anything, just ate package Tuna, Spam and trail bars since they weighed the most. Anyone watching me would have thought I was crazy as I was going thru my food picking the heavy items to eat to reduce my pack weight.

Took me a about 1 hour to hike back to the parking lot and it started raining as soon as I left. Within 30 minutes of leaving the bottom fell out and did not stop until I got into Tennessee. Hope you guys were able to stay dry.
    Last edited by gunner76; 04-25-2021 at 13:38.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB,XLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben hex
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I'm glad you made the long drive to hang out with a few hoosiers, I enjoyed talking and hiking in with you. Had a great time and looking forward to whenever we can get together again.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Glad you made it Gunner, and that you made it back home safe. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye.

Hope to see you again, my friend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    It was a good turn out even though the predicted rain kept some away. I think we ended up with 16 that showed, with at least 4 new faces.

Had a great time as always!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    OOOOHHHHH...... Almost forgot.... First time in recorded history that Yogi actually gave food away!! Yes, it is true.

I jest, but only slightly.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    There was some discussion about picnic baskets and Yogi
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It was good to meet you, Greg. Always nice to faces with names, especially "old guard" members. I hope to camp with you again one day.

--Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    It was great seeing everyone again. I hated to leave a day early but I wasn't feeling so well. Certainly no fun driving but it went quickly.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The compound.

--Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Cuben Avenue

--Scott <><

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast