DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin P View Post
    Would you say 14' is really the minimum distance?
    Outside I don't care, but I currently sleep in my hammock at home too, and I have 12' wall to wall. I could hang corner to corner, but I don't want to.
    That 14' is what has prevented me from ordering one, but I'd really like to try a bridge.
    Probably. The two walls I can hang from inside are 13’6” apart, and the ridgelines were saggy before I used the carabiner trick to tighten them up. I was connecting the two dogbone ends to a tree strap with a becket hitch that was probably less than a foot apart (from hammock to the wall) on each side. My wall anchors are probably a little too high now for a bridge hammock; I put them in when I was using my GE. I’d bet I could get it flatter/closer to the wall if my anchors were lower. I got the sense that it was a little more curved than it’s probably supposed to be but I was okay.

In my opinion 12’ would probably be too close; at least with any kind of suspension. Maybe you could get it to work if you were connecting the dogbones to your wall anchors with a weight bearing carabiner or something directly but I wouldn’t be too optimistic. Maybe someone else has experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    UP Synthetic
    Suspension
    beckett hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by BradliusMaximus View Post
    ... I decided to go fancy and got mine in the print2fabric option and I think it turned out pretty snazzy.

As a stylish way of making your gear your own it looks great! With poor night vision I get all of my quilts, UQs and hammock bodies made with light colors so I can see things like socks and a stocking cap that I stow away in the hammock before bed. That pattern looks almost good enough to make me reconsider, but, I know I'd be spending 10-20 minutes just trying to find my socks at night with that dark and crazy pattern.

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD
    Insulation
    mixed variety
    Suspension
    Jeep, 4 inch Lift
    Quote Originally Posted by BradliusMaximus View Post
    Probably. The two walls I can hang from inside are 13’6” apart, and the ridgelines were saggy before I used the carabiner trick to tighten them up. I was connecting the two dogbone ends to a tree strap with a becket hitch that was probably less than a foot apart (from hammock to the wall) on each side. My wall anchors are probably a little too high now for a bridge hammock; I put them in when I was using my GE. I’d bet I could get it flatter/closer to the wall if my anchors were lower. I got the sense that it was a little more curved than it’s probably supposed to be but I was okay.

In my opinion 12’ would probably be too close; at least with any kind of suspension. Maybe you could get it to work if you were connecting the dogbones to your wall anchors with a weight bearing carabiner or something directly but I wouldn’t be too optimistic. Maybe someone else has experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

I really appreciate the detailed info, that helps a bunch!

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678