Quote Originally Posted by Justin P View Post
Would you say 14' is really the minimum distance?
Outside I don't care, but I currently sleep in my hammock at home too, and I have 12' wall to wall. I could hang corner to corner, but I don't want to.
That 14' is what has prevented me from ordering one, but I'd really like to try a bridge.
Probably. The two walls I can hang from inside are 13’6” apart, and the ridgelines were saggy before I used the carabiner trick to tighten them up. I was connecting the two dogbone ends to a tree strap with a becket hitch that was probably less than a foot apart (from hammock to the wall) on each side. My wall anchors are probably a little too high now for a bridge hammock; I put them in when I was using my GE. I’d bet I could get it flatter/closer to the wall if my anchors were lower. I got the sense that it was a little more curved than it’s probably supposed to be but I was okay.

In my opinion 12’ would probably be too close; at least with any kind of suspension. Maybe you could get it to work if you were connecting the dogbones to your wall anchors with a weight bearing carabiner or something directly but I wouldn’t be too optimistic. Maybe someone else has experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk