Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    I just got an email today 2/28, that the Bayon will be "hopefully out in March"

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    ITS BAAAACCCCKKKK. Not sure if I’ll get one…. Resist….resist….
    kris

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    I've been hoping to get a Banyon Bridge. But right now a bridge specific UQ isn't in my budget since I spent that money on a winter quilt. My question is for you bridge hammockers using quilts not specifically made for a bridge hammock. How much extra futzing around is it to make them fit the bridge hammocks?

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    The only problem I had was there was more sag in my quilt with the bridge. Cinch it up good and it is doable.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbe View Post
    I've been hoping to get a Banyon Bridge. But right now a bridge specific UQ isn't in my budget since I spent that money on a winter quilt. My question is for you bridge hammockers using quilts not specifically made for a bridge hammock. How much extra futzing around is it to make them fit the bridge hammocks?
    It is absolutely 100% not necessary to get a bridge specific quilt. I have used with great success on my RR the JRB WASHINGTON 3 and 4 and they fit wonderfully and attach just as easy after the initial setup. Slightly heavier than the dedicated quilts because they are bigger. In fact, if you were to get a Townsend bridge hammock for example a bridge specific quilt is undesirable. I will say, NOTHING fits a RR better than Warbonnet’s lynx. I currently have two loco libre bridge specific quilts and they fit pretty good but not near as good as Warbonnet’s.
    kris

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    The only problem I had was there was more sag in my quilt with the bridge. Cinch it up good and it is doable.
    A few years ago, I tested my buddy's Ridge Runner, and was able to ge my standard UQ to fit great (it was a 3/4 length UQ, so not sure if this will work as well with a full-length quilt). I found the key was pulling the primary and secondary suspensions very tight. this stretched the quilt out fully. Then I would gather both primary & secondary suspensions and make a marlin spike hitch with them as one piece. Then, I would attach a small biner to the hitch. I did this on all 4 corners. That gave me 4 attachment points for attaching to the webbing of the hammock.

After I got it attached, I did have to make a few small adjustments to the placement of the MSH/biners (tighten things up a bit), but the end result made for a UQ that was set & forget.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    A few years ago, I tested my buddy's Ridge Runner, and was able to ge my standard UQ to fit great (it was a 3/4 length UQ, so not sure if this will work as well with a full-length quilt). I found the key was pulling the primary and secondary suspensions very tight. this stretched the quilt out fully. Then I would gather both primary & secondary suspensions and make a marlin spike hitch with them as one piece. Then, I would attach a small biner to the hitch. I did this on all 4 corners. That gave me 4 attachment points for attaching to the webbing of the hammock.

After I got it attached, I did have to make a few small adjustments to the placement of the MSH/biners (tighten things up a bit), but the end result made for a UQ that was set & forget.
    Agreed…100%. Besides bridge specific quilts , I only have JRB’s and their suspension only attaches to heavy duty corner loops. allows you to really pull it tight. Somewhere on this site “pan” from JRB posted pics on how to mount his quilt to the RR. Basically… the head end gets clipped directly to webbing loops and the foot end gets fed under than on top of spreader bar where each loop attaches to shock chord that is wrapped around the dogbones and clips to the carabiner or at the continuous loop. Sounds super confusing but easy and effective.
    kris
    Last edited by Kmazuro; 03-22-2022 at 13:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbe View Post
    I'm assuming you want to use an UQ that you already have(?) You might get more specific feedback by identifying it.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Thanks for the all the good news, everyone. The plan is to use my Cedar Ridge UQ for most of the times, but I also have a Costco quilt I've sewn into an UQ and I have an winter HG Incubator. I'll try out these ideas out on my DIY bridge. I like my DIY bridge but its light duty for backyard snoozing. I made it to see how I'd feel in a slightly larger bridge than the WRR. I tried one of those and it just wasn't right. I've been very happy with my Chameleon so I'm willing to take a chance on the Banyon.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles

Banyan Bridge

For those who already have or plan to order a top cover with their Banyan, are you getting it in a different color/pattern or the same as whatever you’re picking for the body?

Originally I was thinking about getting a red body and a black TC, but black isn’t a color choice for the TC. As I was looking around at the various print to fabric pattern options I’m now kinda leaning towards getting fire instead of red for the body, but I can’t decide on what I’d like for the TC. Stick with fire or get something else? That’s the question I’m wrestling with. It made me curious what others are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast