WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler_ View Post
    Do you find the ridge runner to be tippy at all? Some of the reviews I saw said it was tippy and the banyan wasn’t as bad. I’ve been waiting to order a banyan for the wife but I’m running out of time. Several family trips coming up this fall.
    I don't think it's as bad as folks can make it out to seem, but I could see if you already had a balance issue how it could be a problem. Key is to always grab the sides as instructed by the manufacturer.

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwash View Post
    Just add your own ridge line like I did, problem solved
    Have an example?

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Dutch Bonded Xenon
    Insulation
    Whooki/Burrow
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescript View Post
    I don't think it's as bad as folks can make it out to seem, but I could see if you already had a balance issue how it could be a problem. Key is to always grab the sides as instructed by the manufacturer.
    I ended up ordering the ridgerunner and I don’t find it to be very tippy. The wife loves it and I’m glad we ordered it.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    So DutchWare website says the Banyan will be available in the Fall.

Now that kids are heading back to school and some of the trees are starting to turn, is it Fall yet?

Kinda itchin’ to be stritchin’ my legs in a Banyan. Looks like a sweet piece of gear!
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Trail Winder, ORM
    Suspension
    MyersTech+whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescript View Post
    Have an example?
    I'm also interested to see what rotorwash came up with. Here's one way I've seen it done: https://youtu.be/ZoExEdAsDds?list=PL...6CXZCva_&t=230 (~4 minute mark)

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Is there a trekking pole mod for the spreaders.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XC
    Tarp
    Superfly 13’
    Insulation
    Haha
    I just can’t wait anymore!!!!!!

Leave me in the bush.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XC
    Tarp
    Superfly 13’
    Insulation
    Haha
    Is it fall yet?

Leave me in the bush.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Mescript - adding a ridgeline to the RidgeRunner is the same as adding a ridgeline to any Gathered End hammock. First, you have to decide if you want it "structural" or not. A structural ridgeline (SRL) uses a cord that is strong enough to hold the load forces; Something like LashIt or ZingIt in 1.75mm or 2.2mm. A non-structural ridgeline just uses a cord as a long (example:13 ft) measuring stick. That is, you set your hammock up so that cord just starts to become snug - it tells you when the ends of your hammock are the distance you like without having to take any weight. It can even be removed once set up at the desired distance. Or, you could just attach it at one apex point and pull it out, setting your bridge up so the other apex point is at the other end of the cord. In other words, it provides a measure so you can set up at a constant separation distance each time.

If you are not familiar with a hammock ridgeline, and you've set your hammock up a few times, you've probably had to find the best sag over and over. Or maybe sometimes the terrain/trees were such that you couldn't get a desired 30° hang angle. If that's the case, imagine getting your hammock set up just right (again, doesn't matter if it's a bridge hammock or GE). Then you measure the distance between the hammock ends if it's a GE hammock or the distance between the apex points (where the two side suspension lines come together ) on the RidgeRunner. Measure out some cord and cut its length so when it's attached to those endpoints, and when you are suspending the hammock, it assures the ends are no further than the desired distance apart.

Usually, a GE hammock with a built-in net has its own ridgeline cord. The RidgeRunner does not have a ridgeline but the hammock itself limits the pull on the bug net. If you add a ridgeline, it goes outside/above the net. A practical example: a friend of mine likes her RidgeRunner set up at 12 ft, instead of the recommended 13 ft. Less tippy (for her) she says. So we've attached a 12 ft ridgeline at the two apex connectors; when we set it up, those endpoints are no further than 12 ft apart.

capiche?

Dutch - when I was done with this response, I realized we were in the DutchWare, NOT WarBonnet forum. Though I mentioned another hammock a few times, I was responding to what was used in the question and my answer was intended to be generic. If there is a follow-up to this post, I'll move my response to the other vendor's sub-forum.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 09-29-2021 at 21:27.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Update on Banyan: The Banyan is not currently available. At this point, we do not have an ETA for when this hammock will be available for sale.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast