Hammock
    DutchWare Banyan
    Insulation
    CRO 20deg UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ toggle

Question Hanging in Acadia

Want to scout out some sites in Acadia National Park in the Seawall Section that are conducive to stringing a hammock.
    Have any of you out there camped at Acadia? I'm told it's hammock friendly, but sites don't always have the requisite two trees close enough together.
    Any observations and site recommendations?
    Thanks;

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Insulation
    EE TQ, HG UQ
    I would quietly check and see whether it's legal to use a hammock in that National Park. Looking at the information for that campground, they have this rule: All camping equipment must fit on the campsite pad. Help us grow vegetation around the campsites! Do not walk or set up camping gear off of the campsite pad. You are responsible for reviewing site details and booking a site that will accomodate your equipment. Note: Tree tents are not permitted in the campground.

Source site

I have no idea what a "tree tent" is or whether they are referring to hammocks. {Side note: I had an interaction with a park ranger last night in a local to me park, and he looked at my hammock and tarp and proclaimed "We don't get anyone here camping just with a tarp and not a tent."}

My interpretation, along with the other language on that page that only mentions tents, is that you should call and ask. When they say "everything must fit on the pad" that means you can't be in the trees. Having been in the park many times, I can say that the NP Police patrol frequently and enforce the rules. So I'd call and ask.

• + New Posts