Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placed my order

Placed my order

After extensive research, I placed my order for my UQ and TQ from Hammock Gear. Lots of great cottage. Endors out there and way too many choices but feel great about my choice. Got a premium 20 degree with one ounce of overfill. Went with the premium for the 850 fill, slightly lighter and smaller compression. My goal is to hike the AT in a couple of years so these choices were important to me. Could have paid more and reduced a few ore ounces but did not see the value to cost benefits beyond what I did. Stay tuned as I begin the wait period but don’t need this till fall as I can use my pad and sleeping bag in the interim. I will update you on my progress and the delivery.....

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Good choice.....
    Many warm, comfortable nights to come.

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Sounds like you're in for some good nights hanging, enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMo View Post
    After extensive research, I placed my order for my UQ and TQ from Hammock Gear. Lots of great cottage. Endors out there and way too many choices but feel great about my choice. Got a premium 20 degree with one ounce of overfill. Went with the premium for the 850 fill, slightly lighter and smaller compression. My goal is to hike the AT in a couple of years so these choices were important to me. Could have paid more and reduced a few ore ounces but did not see the value to cost benefits beyond what I did. Stay tuned as I begin the wait period but don’t need this till fall as I can use my pad and sleeping bag in the interim. I will update you on my progress and the delivery.....
    Thank you so much! If there's anything else we can do for you, always feel free to reach out to us.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Thanks Harry. Expectations are high but confident your team will deliver. Email me if you have any questions about the order.

Week 8 so hope I am close. Hiking in two weeks, glad I have plan B.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Zipped SL Hex 1.6
    Tarp
    Rain Fly Evolution
    Insulation
    HG 30 Phx 40 Brw
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Not at all a complaint, I understand this is a crazy time of year, but, just as a heads up, I ordered an under quilt with a 7 week lead time estimate and 2ish weeks later I ordered a top quilt with an 8 week lead time estimate. They are pretty stacked up right now, currently at the 9 week mark for the under quilt without a shipment yet. Figure on it taking a little longer than estimated. The extra time doesn’t effect me for my planned trip and Harry has been very quick about responding every time I have emailed him. If the product is as good as the customer service then they will be well worth the wait.

I agree. Wish I could use it in two weeks but I did a lot of research on choosing them for my quilts. The customer service seems excellent and I absolutely have no doubt on the products I will get. You are dead on, unusual times causing the delays and it keeps these cottage vendors is business which is great for us all. I would rather wait longer and get a top quality product than these vendors jeopardize their quality to pound out quilts. My post was excitement and not complaining a bit, these guys are great.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMo View Post
    I agree. Wish I could use it in two weeks but I did a lot of research on choosing them for my quilts. The customer service seems excellent and I absolutely have no doubt on the products I will get. You are dead on, unusual times causing the delays and it keeps these cottage vendors is business which is great for us all. I would rather wait longer and get a top quality product than these vendors jeopardize their quality to pound out quilts. My post was excitement and not complaining a bit, these guys are great.
    Thank you all for your patience It means the world to us as we continue to work through these crazy times.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Zipped SL Hex 1.6
    Tarp
    Rain Fly Evolution
    Insulation
    HG 30 Phx 40 Brw
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Thank to Harry and the team for pushing through the crazy times. Receive my Phoenix yesterday, everything looks great. Your efforts and responsiveness are greatly appreciated.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast