Hello from central Wisconsin.

Hi all, thanks for having me.

68 year old retired army vet here.

I started sleeping solely in a hammock going on three years ago. Sleeping in a bed had became too painful for some old spinal injuries I caught along the way years and years ago. Hammock sleeping has been Nirvana by comparison.

Until I found this forum and started reading, I did not know about the world of custom and hand built hammocks.

I am absolutely ready to step away from my ENO Doublenest for something that might work better for me.

I am female and 5'4". Will someone be so kind as to direct me to current cottage industry makers of custom hammocks that would be suitable? The searching and reading of threads I have done so far here concerning the subject are years old.

Directing me to more recent posts here concerning recommended hammocks for indoor sleeping are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 🙏

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Insulation
    UGQ/???
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelle View Post
    Hi all, thanks for having me.

68 year old retired army vet here.

I started sleeping solely in a hammock going on three years ago. Sleeping in a bed had became too painful for some old spinal injuries I caught along the way years and years ago. Hammock sleeping has been Nirvana by comparison.

Until I found this forum and started reading, I did not know about the world of custom and hand built hammocks.

I am absolutely ready to step away from my ENO Doublenest for something that might work better for me.

I am female and 5'4". Will someone be so kind as to direct me to current cottage industry makers of custom hammocks that would be suitable? The searching and reading of threads I have done so far here concerning the subject are years old.

Directing me to more recent posts here concerning recommended hammocks for indoor sleeping are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 🙏
    Welcome to the forums! This is a great place for information and new ideas. I would look at the General Hammock talk forum. I have read quite a few replies from other hangers that imply that they sleep in a hammock every night. Good luck.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Welcome! I live in MKE and made my own hammock (I'm 5'6"). There are SO many great vendors out there that it really depends on what options you'd like.

If you can make it to BACONFEST, we'll have gathered end and bridge-style hammocks for you to see. Plus, DIY and cottage vendor hammocks.

You can find event info at Click here
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    WB Traveler, Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, woopies,
    Images
    Welcome from Green Bay! I have hooks in studs in my basement hammock lab and hang and test all my stuff indoors before I take it into the “wild”. Years ago I bought a Dutchware netless hammock for indoor and winter camping. It’s a really affordable model from a well-known cottage vendor. The other really comfortable rig I use indoors is the Ridge Outdoors Pinnacle hammock which is really affordable on Amazon but an American company. I haven’t tried a bridge hammock yet but I sure would like to. Looks comfy. Are you using an underquilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Marthe Troly-Curtin

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    I have both a Dream Hammock Sparrow and a Black Bird XLC from warbonnet, both are great. I feel that the sparrow is more of a luxury hang kind of hammock and usually use it on my weekend long hang outings. That being said the Sparrow is also 2x the price of a BB depending on how you customize it. But for me it was worth it. The BB I usually use when I am out backpacking, still very comfy, and I like having the shelf but I move alot at night and usually end up in fetal position facing the shelf.... lol! I am 5ft 6in and am very comfy in 11ft long hammocks.
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Thank you for your responses. Those names give me a place to start. I appreciate it. ��
    Now let me explore and see if I can find some other permanent nightly hangers. ��

• + New Posts