How Low could I Get with R Value of 3.2 in a Hammock?

To be clear, I am not trying to push the limits of my gear.
    I'm curious how warm I could stay with a 1/8" EVA foam pad + NeoAir xlite short + 15 degree top quilt in a hammock. This setup should* easily get me into the teens on the ground. Would hanging in a cold air pocket significantly compromise these temperature ratings?

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Might work
    Test in backyard or where you can easily bail in case you get too cold

Good luck

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetOfFeet View Post
    I'm curious how warm I could stay with a 1/8" EVA foam pad + NeoAir xlite short + 15 degree top quilt in a hammock. This setup should* easily get me into the teens on the ground. Would hanging in a cold air pocket significantly compromise these temperature ratings?
    What sort of hammock? I'm assuming a spreader bar type such as Ridgerunner. I personally found that an air mat in a GE would never work for me.

The only way you'll know for sure what works for you is to take Phantom's advice and deploy it in the backyard, but I see you're in Austin so that's probably out of the question for a while. I definitely wouldn't go on an extended trip to a place where temps in the teens are expected without actually testing it first. A dream trip to Patagonia could easily turn into a nightmare if it doesn't work.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetOfFeet View Post
    Everyone sleeps different, some are hot, some are cold. So, it depends on what you are willing to experience.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Remember, there is no heat in a quilt or pad. YOU make the heat. So you are sort of asking how much heat do you make. Quilts and pads assist in retaining the heat, but if you don’t make it, it won’t be there.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts