Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
himynameisJoseph, I’m guessing you also looked at the WarBonnet SuperFly. I’m curious why you chose the MountainFly over the SuperFly - because I’m sorta sitting on that fence. I’m not concerned about winter because in Winter we have snow. And when we have snow, I can build walls. I have been in strong winds and some blowing rain. But I can’t imagine the rain being so sideways that it would wet much beyond the MountainFly mini-doors. And I would have had to really misjudge the weather to be caught in that sever a storm by mistake. That is, if I know it’s going to be that rainy, I’d take a tarp with full doors.

It looks like the MountainFly is the same width as the SuperFly so you save a little bit on weight/bulk by having just half-doors.

All my tarps are SilNylon because reliability tops weight/bulk in my situations. But the print/pattern I want (snow day camo) only comes in 20D SilPoly.

If you were considering a SuperFly, what tipped the scales for you in favor of the MountainFly?
I can't say mine was a super well-researched decision. I did in fact look at the Superfly as well as the Thunderfly, and I guess I settled on the Mountainfly because it struck the right balance of storm/wind coverage, visibility, privacy, and in/out accessibility. After using it for the first time last week, I'd say that's exactly what I got. Got it with the center pole kit mod, and I like how that opens it up even more. The superfly just seemed a bit too fortress-like for me, like I'd just be sleeping in a tent.

Not sure if that helps, but that was more or less my line of thinking!