With the exception of the Hammocktent 90, when I use thick inflatable pads with non gathered end hammocks, the pad raises the center of gravity and increases the sense of being unstable. it has not really been a problem for me in my Ridge Runner or JRB, but it is noticeable since I like to lean back into the sides of the hammock. These sides are not as deep and supportive when I have a 2.5" pad in any of the bridge hammocks, especially the WBRR. But, I have leaned back into the sides and still not fallen out even when trying slightly to roll out. But, it certainly does not feel as stable. and I can't say for certain that it would not be possible to roll out in my sleep. Using a closed cell foam pad of 1/2" thickness or a bit more does not cause much of problem with the stability. In past years, in my original JRB bridge, in summer or early fall(down south) I would sleep with no UQ or pad. Then if I woke up cold about 4 or 5AM, I would just slip my little torso length and 20" wide WM blue pad (cut down from full size) and go back to sleep toasty until time to get up. Except for added warmth, I never knew it was there.