Hello from NE PA

Hello from northeast PA. I recently lost a fair amount of weight mostly by walking and decided I wanted to try to do some longer hikes and camping on the trail. While looking at different tent styles and trying to decide which one would be best for me, I stumbled on one of Shug’s videos and then this forum. It just seemed it would be much more comfortable for my 60 year old body not to be laying on the ground. Many, many hours of very enjoyable research later and I’m patiently (mostly) waiting for the arrival of my Superior Gear hammock bundle. Can’t wait to get out there hanging!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Sheppy, welcome just a step, skip and a jump down the trail from Denton North Carolina. Many pleasant memories of times in Penciltucky. Exceptionally good people and beautiful forests, just right for exploring with others or solo...

Greetings to you sir!
    From Phantom Grappler

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Sheppy,

Welcome from SE PA! Almost the same age as you and working to keep off the lbs too. We have quite contingent from PA and I’m looking forward to doing some of the group hangs this year. Hope to see you there.
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Thanks guys. Walking through the woods this morning I was scoping out lots of possible future hanging sites to practice my setup on.

• + New Posts