Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

Warbonnet hammock colors???

I am considering buying a Warbonnet Eldorado hammock and was looking at the Dream-Tex fabric colors offered. Since this will be my best hammock, I wanted something different than the woods-friendly greens and browns that I generally get. However, I didn't want to go with anything that would really stand out in the woods. Of course, the hammock will mostly be under the tarp, which is an olive green color. The Warbonnet hammock view doesn't show up very well, so I asked if there was somewhere I could see the fabric colors better, and they were kind enough to promptly send a photo of the dark red and purple fabrics that I was considering. Probably due to the lighting, the colors looked very different than on the product page, with the dark red looking almost orange.

So I was wondering who may have had experience with these colors, or other dark colors, what your thoughts may be, and how the dark red and the purple actually look in the woods?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    GoneShootn - you are on the same path I traveled. At the end of mine, I figured it didn’t matter what color the hammock was with respect to visibility to others. I only mattered what color would give me the most smile. Because, as you noted, the hammock will mostly be covered by a tarp. But wait, there’s more. It will also be covered by an under quilt (UQ). And for some of us, it will also be covered by an under Quilt Protector (UQP).

Some have suggested a color different from the UQ so you don’t mistakenly sit in the UQ. But that mistake is sort of a rite-of-passage and it usually doesn’t happen more than one (or a few) times. Also, for me, if the mistake is made, it’s made in the dark of night where I’m not seeing colors anyway.

So pick what color YOU like because mostly the only time you’ll see it is when you are actually in the hammock.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    GoneShootn - you are on the same path I traveled. At the end of mine, I figured it didn’t matter what color the hammock was with respect to visibility to others. I only mattered what color would give me the most smile. Because, as you noted, the hammock will mostly be covered by a tarp. But wait, there’s more. It will also be covered by an under quilt (UQ). And for some of us, it will also be covered by an under Quilt Protector (UQP).

Some have suggested a color different from the UQ so you don’t mistakenly sit in the UQ. But that mistake is sort of a rite-of-passage and it usually doesn’t happen more than one (or a few) times. Also, for me, if the mistake is made, it’s made in the dark of night where I’m not seeing colors anyway.

So pick what color YOU like because mostly the only time you’ll see it is when you are actually in the hammock.
    Pure logic and great advice! Thanks.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I recently ordered a blackbird xlc in the dark red . (I ended up returning the hammock because the design and style just didn't work for me--broke my heart because it was absolutely beautiful!) Any way the dark red looked great by it self and even better with the bushwhack camo for a uq. I really liked the color--its kind of a red/rust color--really sharp!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket
    I have a dark red one and was originally concerned that it would look like Christmas with the rest of my first green set up, but it is a more subdued tone, definitely more Red Rocks than Red Robin. I'm in the same boat as you, a lot of earthy colors, but I think the dark red actually fits right in with it, like bringing some fall colors to your set up.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Thanks to all. I think dark red it is!

Hammock
    Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket
    IMG_2396.jpg

Here is a photo they sent me as well previously that may have different lighting.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    IMG_2396.jpg

Here is a photo they sent me as well previously that may have different lighting.
    Thanks! That looks like a good photo. Don't want to belabor the matter, but just to clarify, did you get the dark red? If so, did it look like the photo?

Anyone else with the dark red care to comment?

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    I had a Dreamtex Eldorado hammock in dark red at one point in my hammock tourism career. It was very similar in color to the photo...a rich, dark, kind of brick red, not bright red at all. I liked the color, just didn't like the Dreamtex fabric and returned the hammock to Warbonnet.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    I had a Dreamtex Eldorado hammock in dark red at one point in my hammock tourism career. It was very similar in color to the photo...a rich, dark, kind of brick red, not bright red at all. I liked the color, just didn't like the Dreamtex fabric and returned the hammock to Warbonnet.
    If you don't mind saying, what didn't you like about the DreamTex fabric? I chose the WB Eldorado b/c it is 62" wide, and other netted hammocks are usually 57" to 58" wide. I like the bit of extra width.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast