Insulation
    HG Econ 30D/CRO 0D
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Joining from central-MS!

Checking in from central Mississippi! Not many places to backpack within the state, but Noxubee Trail System is my fav, as well as Sipsey just over in north Alabama. I have attempted Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas – twice. Rained out the first time (4 of 6 peaks complete); just plain pooped out on the 2nd attempt with 18 miles complete, including the 6 peaks. Will attempt again to complete. Some wish list trips include the Foothills Trails NC/SC, Wheeler Peak in New Mexico, and Coyote Gulch in Utah.

First backpacking and first hammocking trip was about 4 years ago. After sleeping in a tent, on the ground, on a girl scout trip I knew the ground had nothing to offer but pain. Hammocking was the answer and I LOVE it! Started with some basic gear – basic double hammock from amazon, borrowed sleeping bag from an eagle scout co-worker, and bear butt tarp from my hubster. Quickly added 30-deg HG Economy quilt set, lightened everything with Hummingbird tree straps, and updated to a Ridgeway hammock last year. Still use the Bear Butt. Recently made a set of whoopie slings and continuous loop.

I have stalked a few of these threads over the years looking for specific answers, but now, glad to be part of the community. Always looking to learn and improve!

KB at the Nox.jpg

Hammock
    Dutch Wide
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    SLD & HG
    Suspension
    Myerstech UHMWPE
    Welcome from Hattiesburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hennessy UL
    Tarp
    Standard
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    WS
    Welcome, from Gulfport. You might want to check out the Black Creek Trail for backpacking. It is 40 miles long. There are a couple of unbridged water crossings and some trees down from Zeta, but its a nice trail.

Insulation
    HG Econ 30D/CRO 0D
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxhiker View Post
    Welcome, from Gulfport. You might want to check out the Black Creek Trail for backpacking. It is 40 miles long. There are a couple of unbridged water crossings and some trees down from Zeta, but its a nice trail.
    Had Black Creek planned last year with a small group of ladies, but the hurricane damage canceled the trip. I think it was Zeta, but really there were so many last year I can't remember. Seen a few people do this trail recently so need to get it back in the roster! There is a MS Backpacker FB Group page with good info and good group of people.

Hammock
    Hennessy UL
    Tarp
    Standard
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    WS
    The Black Creek Trail is perfect for hammocks - plenty of trees. But for your sanity, don't go in the summer. Dense swarms of mosquitoes not deterred by deet. I have run into one of your MS hikers Facebook group members on the Tuxachanie Trail 2 or 3 times recently. He's training for the PCT. The Tuxachanie Trail is also good, but it's only 13 miles long and is further south than Black Creek.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Burrow
    Suspension
    Mantis/ daisy ch
    Welcome! I'm new to the Forum, as well.
    My 1st over night hammock trip was in the Sipsey... beautiful trails!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kbuford View Post
    Checking in from central Mississippi! Not many places to backpack within the state, but Noxubee Trail System is my fav, as well as Sipsey just over in north Alabama. I have attempted Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas – twice. Rained out the first time (4 of 6 peaks complete); just plain pooped out on the 2nd attempt with 18 miles complete, including the 6 peaks. Will attempt again to complete. Some wish list trips include the Foothills Trails NC/SC, Wheeler Peak in New Mexico, and Coyote Gulch in Utah.

First backpacking and first hammocking trip was about 4 years ago. After sleeping in a tent, on the ground, on a girl scout trip I knew the ground had nothing to offer but pain. Hammocking was the answer and I LOVE it! Started with some basic gear – basic double hammock from amazon, borrowed sleeping bag from an eagle scout co-worker, and bear butt tarp from my hubster. Quickly added 30-deg HG Economy quilt set, lightened everything with Hummingbird tree straps, and updated to a Ridgeway hammock last year. Still use the Bear Butt. Recently made a set of whoopie slings and continuous loop.

I have stalked a few of these threads over the years looking for specific answers, but now, glad to be part of the community. Always looking to learn and improve!

KB at the Nox.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainFeist View Post
    Welcome! I'm new to the Forum, as well.
    My 1st over night hammock trip was in the Sipsey... beautiful trails!
    Welcome from a fellow Sipsey hiker located in north MS(Tupelo)! I have also backpacked all over UT and AZ, but have not yet hung a hammock there. But I have in WY, ID and Olympic NP in Washington state! But mostly, the Sipsey and Trace Stare Park (or Tishomingo) on MS!

Hammock
    Kalisto
    Tarp
    Funky Forest
    Insulation
    One Tigris
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Welcome from Yazoo City

• + New Posts