Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    These are closer to what I'm thinking. Just don't want to connect to ridgeline and don't have d-rings or similar connection points on my hammock. I wonder if tarp clips like these would work to fasten the holder to the hammock edge. Anybody tried these for anything? Do you think they would be strong enough to hold a full water bottle?
    They would. But personally I like the EasyKlip type of tarp clip better. The way it's engineered, the harder the pull on it, the greater the clamping force. And the clamping faces are less teeth-like, so probably easier on your fabric.

https://www.amazon.com/EasyKlip-4101...558768&sr=8-40

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
    Another suggestion. If you’re just lounging, ie not hiking/camping, perhaps run a ridge line beside or angled across your hammock, and use the SLD bottle holder on that, so that it’s not hanging above you but rather off to the side somewhere?
    This is a really interesting idea, but I don't think it would work for me. I'm a backpacker and often use a Fronkey in skeeter season. There would be no easy way to reach a secondary ridgeline.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmveets View Post
    They would. But personally I like the EasyKlip type of tarp clip better. The way it's engineered, the harder the pull on it, the greater the clamping force. And the clamping faces are less teeth-like, so probably easier on your fabric.

https://www.amazon.com/EasyKlip-4101...558768&sr=8-40
    Thanks for that! I hadn't seen these before. Maybe I'll do a bit of 'spearamentin'.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Possible choice
    Six feet of zingit
    Attach zingit to hammock ridgeline and other end to water bottle
    Put upright water bottle on ground.
    Easy to retrieve water bottle with zingit, and water bottle is out of your way and not pulling the edge of hammock or ridgeline down, due to slack in zingit
    Cheap, lightweight, and not a permanent alteration to your gear, in case it doesn’t work out and you try something else.

Maybe Dutchware Gear has exact solution.

I too don't like having a water bottle above me. I usually bring a spike table & camp chair with me. One or the other will be close enough to the hammock at night to put a bottle of water within easy reach.

- Clyde

Images
    You guys are way over thinking this.

Put the bottle in your shoe on the ground.

It fits perfectly, sits upright on it's own, is at the perfect reach height and distance, is repositionable, requires no effort to create or set up, costs nothing extra, weighs nothing extra, and its even insulated. Its a free cup holder for any hammock, and they come in pairs!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    You guys are way over thinking this.

Put the bottle in your shoe on the ground.

It fits perfectly, sits upright on it's own, is at the perfect reach height and distance, is repositionable, requires no effort to create or set up, costs nothing extra, weighs nothing extra, and its even insulated. Its a free cup holder for any hammock, and they come in pairs!
    Yep. Great idea! Tried that. But I’m a tall guy (all leg) with short arms. At my normal sitting height, I have to lean dangerously far out of my hammock to reach the ground. And it won’t work at all with my Fronkey. I could hang lower of course in winter, but unfortunately, the shoe cozy won’t work for me in skeeter season.

Side note ... if I had a nickel for every time my wife accused me of “overthinking” ... well ... LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    This is where ENO style hammocks rule. I still miss my side pocket. The other place I put my water bottle is on the ground. Easy reachy to grab. Your mileage may be different.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12