Help with Chameleon with an side sling with underquilt

Question to folks who have to know about Dutch's Chameleon with an side sling. I sleep head left and put a side sling on the right side, and have a question regarding whether to put the side sling inside the UC or let it hang outside.

I ask because the side sling is approx 56" long and 12" deep, and when I put it on the outside, it keeps my UQ from riding has high as it wants, because the side sling blocks it. IMO, I feel like it's keeping the UQ from resting against the bottom of my hammock and getting CBS. If I put the side sling on the inside, and depending what I have in the pocket it can do a similar thing where it creates an air pocket between the UQ and the bottom/side of the hammock.

A similar question would be on the Chameleon tieouts, if I use the tieouts they tend to keep the UQ from riding a little high on shoulder left and foot right.

How have you been able to make this work?

My UQ is a Jack R Better Mt Washington 3, which is a full-size with just primary suspension, meaning it has loops at the four corners with shock cord that connect the L & R sides on the head and foot ends, not quite as adjustable as say a HG with the primary and secondary suspension

Thanks for any help!

-SB.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I don’t have your gear but I can imagine what you are describing - the connection of the side sling to the hammock blocks the rise of the UQ. Perhaps, if you don’t load it up too thick, you can rig it with the sling inside the UQ. Like the UQ encapsulates both the hammock and the sling.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Depending the amount of stuff, I put the sling on the outside of the UQ in most cases. If your UQ comes up to the side sling you should not have any air coming in. I could see it shifting, yet if that is the case, I would guess that would happen sling or no. If the side sling is affecting your UQ I would tinker with the suspension of the UQ, perhaps tighter with the primary suspension. You know your stuff. Play around with it. Enjoy the adventure.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts