Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    That's not true. I ship from new Jersey (just outside Philadelphia) and the further west I go the higher the rate with usps. Alaska and Hawaii are even higher. And forget it if the box has a side over 12". My rate is based on an average, so locally I usually pay a little less than rate, but if I ship to Washington I might pay double. Shipping has gotten to be a major issue, especially since the carriers no longer provide the service we have been used to. It's very frustrating to pay these rates and watch a package sit for a week at my regional post office. Unfortunately I've found that fedex is my fastest, most reliable option, but they are at least 50% higher than usps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well, perhaps my comment was out of place considering the discussion is about shipping rates for a business. I do not own a business or use Click-N-Ship, but what I said is true for retail customers (First Class, Flat Rate, or Priority) who take their packages to the post office and pay postage there. I will take your word for your side of it as a business owner though!
    Last edited by cmc4free; 03-21-2021 at 16:22.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Well, perhaps my comment was out of place considering the discussion is about shipping rates for a business. I do not own a business or use Click-N-Ship, but what I said is true for retail customers (First Class, Flat Rate, or Priority) who take their packages to the post office and pay postage there. I will take your word for your side of it as a business owner though!
    I stand corrected after doing a little more research. Some types of USPS shipping are not zoned (including First Class and Flat Rate), but others (including Priority) are. Thanks George.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    Just so I understand, was the shipping charge from the company higher than the rate charged by the carrier? Boxes, tape and people's time to get it done all cost money, too.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    If I interpreted everything correctly, my address falls in UPS' zone 5 from Warbonnet's address. And according to UPS' daily rate sheet, a 2 lb. package shipped to that zone should only be $11.58.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Update from Warbonnet. They confirmed that they have switched from USPS to UPS, and that they need to have their website updated to reflect the change. And the representative also said that the shipping rates between the two are very close, and that he will issue a partial shipping refund once my tarp ships.

I am glad I reached out, and that they are going to fix the issue. Great customer service!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    Maybe they have shipped because the USPS has been less reliable lately. I am a friend of the women that are Quest Outfitters and they have nothing good to say about USPS lately. Very long wait times and many packages every week that are missing.
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetkayaker View Post
    Maybe they have shipped because the USPS has been less reliable lately. I am a friend of the women that are Quest Outfitters and they have nothing good to say about USPS lately. Very long wait times and many packages every week that are missing.
    USPS delays are exactly the reason WB switched to UPS. I'm glad they're making it right in this instance; though it would be nice to have the shipping calculate properly at the time of checkout. I wonder how many folks have overpaid in shipping charges and didn't receive a refund, due to not asking about it.

I recommend W2C shipping as they have good rates and are fairly quick.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12