DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    I used to live in Plymouth across the marsh from the marshmallow bubble field tim. Small world.

This forum's for sale section is quite draconian and you'll have an easier time selling on pretty much any other site anywhere. You can make general comments to work your way up to 50 posts, just dont do it in a couple days. Even after you get 50 posts, its difficult to enable posting, and then you must bump your post every couple days and then close it/move it. Unlike every other for sale forum that's more or less free range, HF is monitored like Xinjiang. Because of the trouble, I only post things for sale here after they fail to sell elsewhere.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    50 posts...I feel like I used to do that on a single lunch break. Yes, 48 of them were probably useless mind-wandering rambling.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    But those policies protect both the buyer and seller, minimizing the possibility of a dump-and-run. Few people cheat their own family members (though it does happen), and by the time a person has made 50 posts, they’ve sort of become “family” to the hammock community. Their are other sites that will take an immediate For Sale - along with CraigsList and eBay.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    just as an example .. last Friday I posted a WTB on a motorcycle site. Immediately I got a private message from a guy who says "my friend is selling one of those, here's his email address.
    I email the guy and "oh yes I have one and it's new and very good price sir $50 only"
    "OK, send me a picture and the manufacturers name please".
    I get a picture but no mfg info and it looks new but not quite the shape I recall to fit my bike.
    "Please send mfg name"
    "OK sir I will"
    nothing comes and he goes on about payment.
    I start to smell a rat and google his email address and up comes posts about guys being scammed. I check back to the private message on the motorcycle site and the original messenger is long gone.
    Just to egg him on I ask for another picture from a different angle and ask for mfg info again. I get a different picture, different background, I google the pics and find they were from posts on other online chat rooms, one was a part for a Honda and the second pic was a part for a Yamaha.
    Yesterday I asked again if he had the mfg's name I was anxious to pay and he said he hadn't received it yet.
    Today I asked again and he responded that "yes he did receive it" but no actual info.
    I just responded "great I'm really looking forward to purchasing the item"

I'll keep stringing the guy along as far as I can

It's a good thing I got suspicious so there are lessons to be learned and having an actual post count is important so you don't get fly by night scammers like I have here.

9:41 just got an email "how do you want to make the payment sir?"

I know they won't use regular Paypal with protections and will insist on F&F ...

BTW just in case, here's his email address ... [email protected]
    Last edited by Danalex; 03-20-2021 at 08:48.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12