Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unable to post Lawson Hammock for sale

I tried to post it in the for sale section. But your rules wouldn't allow it. I do not have 50 posts. I joined here to get opinions on hammocks a month or two ago. Purchased a new hammock and did not like it. Now I can't sell it here and someone can't get a good price on a new hammock.
    Lose-lose

How is a newbie supposed to make 50 comments?
    The moderator took down my for sale post in the Hammock discussion

Help...

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Don't try to post 45 comments in 2 days: the mods will notice that. From my perspective, the rule is a good rule.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo

Unable to post Lawson Hammock for sale

There’s always eBay. Also GearTrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kmjohnson1974; 03-17-2021 at 19:27.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    There are several backpacking gear sites on Facebook as well

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    The 50 post rules is here because our members want to know you before you start selling them your gear. Ideally you will read posts, make comments on them, ask questions, get answers and become a member of the community.

As others have suggested there are many other places you can sell gear at and Hammock Forums is okay with you selling elsewhere.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timf1981 View Post
    I tried to post it in the for sale section. But your rules wouldn't allow it. I do not have 50 posts. Help...
    You could offer up the Lawson hammock in the "For Trade" section of the forums...there is no minimum amount of posts required to do that. There may be someone on the forum who would trade a different hammock or other gear for your Lawson plus or minus cash. You'll get credit for a post too and boost your count that way. Or post a review of what you expected the Lawson to be and how it didn't measure up for you...

My spouse will only use her Lawson and not any of my fancy-pants hammocks because it gives her a great view and can be guyed out so it is completely stable (she can suffer from vertigo at times).

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo
    I hope my post didn’t come across snarky, although I could see how someone might take it that way. Sure wasn’t my intention. Stick around and you’ll see the folks on this forum are good people, with lots of experience and great advice. Share your own experiences, and you’ll have 50 posts before you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seldom do I make posts, just not a post kinda guy, Been here since spring 2007 and I am just now at 50 posts. I kinda agree with the Thread starter about the 50 post rule, I have a Snug Fit underquilt used twice I tried to sell a while back as It just hangs in my clothes closet and I thought I could put the money elsewhere and it used to be a sought after item, now days I do not know if they are even remembered. I could not get past the 50 post rule so like he said lose-lose. As far as selling at other outlets, in this case kinda like selling Beef at a vegan Market. So I just kept it and moved on

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by spotz View Post
    Seldom do I make posts, just not a post kinda guy, Been here since spring 2007 and I am just now at 50 posts. I kinda agree with the Thread starter about the 50 post rule, I have a Snug Fit underquilt used twice I tried to sell a while back as It just hangs in my clothes closet and I thought I could put the money elsewhere and it used to be a sought after item, now days I do not know if they are even remembered. I could not get past the 50 post rule so like he said lose-lose. As far as selling at other outlets, in this case kinda like selling Beef at a vegan Market. So I just kept it and moved on
    You're a lurker. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm sure most folks are the same. Still, you get (alot more than) what you put into it, and since the forum is free, the forum gets to make the rules. From where I sit, you're still ahead in the game being able to quietly lurk on the sidelines. BTW, looks like you made it to 50!

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spotz View Post
    Now that you've reached 51 posts maybe put up a FS and see what happens. Not that long ago, if someone had posted a Te-Wa quilt I would have bought it, and those haven't been in production for some time. Ya never know, there might be somebody who had one and loved it and would buy another!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast