Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    All my hammocks have integrated bug nets with zippers. To date ( 10 years of use ) I have only had issues 2 times. One was when a zipper got so stuck I sent back to manufacture to fix. The second one was recent when a couple of teeth on the zipper broke. As I have been in the process of moving I have not had time to send the hammock in to be repaired. Both hammocks were/are still useable as is
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    The only issue that I've had I have experienced on every one of my netted hammocks.

It's a constant pain to deal with those zippers each and every time that I enter or exit the hammock. I also cannot clearly see from both sides of the hammock the very sites that are the reason I am hammock camping in the first place. I also don't wear my cycling helmet indoors when I am not cycling and don't need it (also for comfort and visibility reasons!

To each his own, but I'll take a net-less every time.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    OK darn it, I ordered a 10' (.7 noseeum) and netless hammock (10'x64" Hexon 1.6) to go along with it.
    Great! Will be looking for a review before I get mine.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    The only issue that I've had I have experienced on every one of my netted hammocks.

It's a constant pain to deal with those zippers each and every time that I enter or exit the hammock. I also cannot clearly see from both sides of the hammock the very sites that are the reason I am hammock camping in the first place. I also don't wear my cycling helmet indoors when I am not cycling and don't need it (also for comfort and visibility reasons!

To each his own, but I'll take a net-less every time.
    As a backpacker I really don't spend much time hanging out or cooking or reading so this is not a big consideration for me.

I'm just happy and relieved to see that zipper failures are fairly uncommon.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I'm just happy and relieved to see that zipper failures are fairly uncommon.
    there probably more cases of a hammock ripping than a zipper failing, but i could be wrong.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.6 HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY 11' 1.1 SilPol
    Insulation
    AHE
    Suspension
    Evo loops baby!
    I actually think that thinking about hammock failure is a pro on net-less with a bottom entry separate. A zippered hammock is more expensive and when it fails, will be cheaper to replace only the hammock. I don't really have a balanced opinion tho, only have bottom entry. I've been happy enough that I've not looked at a zippered one.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thecatwasnot View Post
    I actually think that thinking about hammock failure is a pro on net-less with a bottom entry separate. A zippered hammock is more expensive and when it fails, will be cheaper to replace only the hammock. I don't really have a balanced opinion tho, only have bottom entry. I've been happy enough that I've not looked at a zippered one.
    Good point... the modularity aspect.
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    Great! Will be looking for a review before I get mine.
    UN-freakin'-believable but net and hammock arrived today!

I checked out the hammock with a quick test hang today and not surprised that it is perfect. I did not even take the net out of its stuff sack, but I will play with it a bit middle of next week when I get a chance. Weight w/stuff sack is 151.7g. Backpacking tomorrow and Monday morning.

Simply Light Designs is just a mind-bogglingly efficient operation!! Thanks, Jared.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    UN-freakin'-believable but net and hammock arrived today!

I checked out the hammock with a quick test hang today and not surprised that it is perfect. I did not even take the net out of its stuff sack, but I will play with it a bit middle of next week when I get a chance. Weight w/stuff sack is 151.7g. Backpacking tomorrow and Monday morning.

Simply Light Designs is just a mind-bogglingly efficient operation!! Thanks, Jared.
    I couldn't wait, ordered mine for the three weeks of east coast travel and kayaking we have coming up end of the month. It was already shipped this morning and I should have it Tuesday.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234