Hammock
    Kammock roo double, Soco single
    Tarp
    DD Hammocks 3X3
    Insulation
    Onewind 40* UQ
    Suspension
    python 10 straps
    hammocks were first brought to the civilized world by sailors in 1492, not much has changed besides materials, meaning hammocks are pretty perfect and have always been pretty perfect.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I sleep nightly in a hammock. I have several hammock stands from the local building salvage store that I paid $5 for. That is pretty budget and since I can easily move the stand around the room they work great for me. I also have a indoor hang with pulleys off the red iron trusses for my Hammocktent 90 hammocks. Made from some rope and pulleys that I had amongst the 'junk I can't part with' corner of the shed. Also budget friendly. Didn't follow the links, but I suppose it's changed.

Images
    2 eye-bolts in studs = $4.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    There are a few good options available.

If you're really confident about the structural integrity & locations of your wall studs, brackets such as the ENO kit are a decent budget option. Some cons would be that you're concentrating a lot of force on two very small areas, and you're stuck with two fixed points that don't allow for a lot of adjustability.

A step up from that would be to use L-track and double stud fittings (Dutch sells a nice set, or you can buy the components individually from US Cargo Control). This hardware is incredibly strong and rated for really heavy loads. Some advantages of this system are the vertical adjustability, and the ability to disperse the load along the studs rather than concentrating it at one point.

Still, it needs to be said that both of the above systems are dependent on wall studs that were simply never designed to be subjected to heavy horizontal loads. This is why many have opted to use hammock stands indoors. If portability is not an important consideration, a heavy duty pipe stand can be a fantastically reliable option, albeit at some expense.

One final budget suggestion I've come across that's worth mentioning: If (like me) you're not inclined to trust the vertical studs inside your walls, consider securing a board to the outside of your wall for mounting your hammock hardware of choice to. I cannot recall who to credit for the original idea, or which thread I first encountered it on, but the basic notion as I recall was to cut 2x6 (or larger) boards to match the height of your wall, then secure with several ~5" screws driven at an angle into both the top plate and base plate, thereby distributing the load along the full width of the wall rather than one vertical stud.

Hope that helps!
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Whatever method you choose, be sure to give it a hearty stress test with the hammock hung low and cushions under it once you are done.

Better for it to fail when you are expecting it. I had another adult get in with me.

• + New Posts