Cave Creek Hammocks
    Tarp
    LiteAF 11’ Dynema
    Insulation
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Suspension
    Straps & Knots
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Weather report is the Sun is Out and the mud should be drying up and we will have a wonderful weekend

Thanks to Jim and Dennis I won't be needing a tow.
    Woohoo
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Hammock
    Onewind Double Hammock
    Tarp
    C Gorilla Fortres2
    Insulation
    Down Under | Upper
    Suspension
    1/8 Amsteel Whoopy
    Images

I wish I could!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    Hey folks - time to do this thing! Going back to the spot of the fall hang from 2020. That place worked out very well.

Chime in if you’re planning on making this one.

Randy
    How am I just now seeing this???

Wait, is this the Sasquatch campground???

I'm going up to Flagstaff to move my daughter home for the summer and sadly can't make it! I was going to make pulled pork sandwiches too, dang it!

Paul

Hammock
    Onewind Double Hammock
    Tarp
    C Gorilla Fortres2
    Insulation
    Down Under | Upper
    Suspension
    1/8 Amsteel Whoopy
    Images
    I’m thinking I’ll “surprise’ my daughter and hang with you all Saturday night at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Onewind Double Hammock
    Tarp
    C Gorilla Fortres2
    Insulation
    Down Under | Upper
    Suspension
    1/8 Amsteel Whoopy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroSSG View Post
    I’m thinking I’ll “surprise’ my daughter and hang with you all Saturday night at least!

The gig is up, I told her brother my plan, she asked him to search and remove the hammock containers...

I didn’t check before leaving, got past PHX and She calls me and sends me a pic of her brother standing with the hammocks...

Well played you two, well played...

Hammock
    DW Chameleon + Pet Palace for Cody
    Tarp
    Cave Crk Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Loco Libre up n dn
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroSSG View Post
    The gig is up, I told her brother my plan, she asked him to search and remove the hammock containers...

I didn’t check before leaving, got past PHX and She calls me and sends me a pic of her brother standing with the hammocks...

Well played you two, well played...

Love it!

You are both the victom, and the Victor!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cave Crk Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Loco Libre up n dn
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    WOW.

When Cody and I rolled in, it seemed as if I might have heard someone mutter under their breath "My, aren't WE becoming a diverse group!" Or something like that. Of course, I may have mis-heard or misunderstood…

Fact of the matter is, I couldn't have ever hoped for a group of folks to hang with more forgiving of human frailty and foibles. Thinking back to who was here I might gather that such skills were born out of experience and much practice, but whatever their Source, these were precisely the folks I needed to be with this weekend.

These were all great men--and women--who shone in this setting. I seldom encounter such in a business environment such as church. I Am the same person regardless where I Am, just as transparent and goofy anywhere, and maybe these folks are, too. I would Love to witness it. Most were older than me, and it is a working theory (but only a theory) that age and experience affords one such Liberty. Good natured insults abounded, as one might experience among those who know that Love is assured already. Some were huge men, and humble, others so-so in stature, and brash. It was something to behold. Of course, EVERYONE Loved Cody, but what else to expect? Cody Loves EVERYONE!

Some of the greatest blessings came from the things I would not have forgotten to bring if I had been on my game (dutch oven, spatula, aluminum foil) and the things I never would have brought if I hadn't been in such a hurry to embark on the trip (20' x 20' tarp I only use over my shooting stand). These blunders gave me plenty of opportunity to make myself the butt of my own jokes, but more than that they gave opportunity for the economics of community to kick in.

As much as Cody and I hated to leave this morning, we did receive a bonus dispatch text on the way out saying we will be leaving out in the morning to work in the Grand Canyon this week. Never saw THAT coming! Proof positive once again that there IS a God and It DOES Love Cody...

Ever what I Am saying here, if these folks can accept ME, then they can accept YOU! Can't wait for the next hang!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by aerreal View Post
    WOW.

When Cody and I rolled in, it seemed as if I might have heard someone mutter under their breath "My, aren't WE becoming a diverse group!" Or something like that. Of course, I may have mis-heard or misunderstood…

Fact of the matter is, I couldn't have ever hoped for a group of folks to hang with more forgiving of human frailty and foibles. Thinking back to who was here I might gather that such skills were born out of experience and much practice, but whatever their Source, these were precisely the folks I needed to be with this weekend.

These were all great men--and women--who shone in this setting. I seldom encounter such in a business environment such as church. I Am the same person regardless where I Am, just as transparent and goofy anywhere, and maybe these folks are, too. I would Love to witness it. Most were older than me, and it is a working theory (but only a theory) that age and experience affords one such Liberty. Good natured insults abounded, as one might experience among those who know that Love is assured already. Some were huge men, and humble, others so-so in stature, and brash. It was something to behold. Of course, EVERYONE Loved Cody, but what else to expect? Cody Loves EVERYONE!

Some of the greatest blessings came from the things I would not have forgotten to bring if I had been on my game (dutch oven, spatula, aluminum foil) and the things I never would have brought if I hadn't been in such a hurry to embark on the trip (20' x 20' tarp I only use over my shooting stand). These blunders gave me plenty of opportunity to make myself the butt of my own jokes, but more than that they gave opportunity for the economics of community to kick in.

As much as Cody and I hated to leave this morning, we did receive a bonus dispatch text on the way out saying we will be leaving out in the morning to work in the Grand Canyon this week. Never saw THAT coming! Proof positive once again that there IS a God and It DOES Love Cody...

Ever what I Am saying here, if these folks can accept ME, then they can accept YOU! Can't wait for the next hang!
    David, it was a pleasure to meet you and get to know you and most of all, Cody! Thanks for joining us and we shall see you between now and the fall hang - at a not yet determined time for some hangin' in the pines.

KJ7UME

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cave Crk Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Loco Libre up n dn
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    David, it was a pleasure to meet you and get to know you and most of all, Cody! Thanks for joining us and we shall see you between now and the fall hang - at a not yet determined time for some hangin' in the pines.

KJ7UME
    We're sure looking forward to that, Randy! If it's more than six weeks out then Rick should have Cody outfitted with his new digs. When I tell him about his Pet Palace coming in for the next trip, he gets excited. It was the same way when we'd ordered his tent. Most people would hear me talking about how he can understand such things and think "yeah, yeah...sure" but I know you and Laura got no reason to doubt it.

Thank you so much for putting this one together for us. You've assembled some amazing friends and from the little time I've spent with you so far I can certainly see how that has happened.

73, W7IAM David

Cody put one of his QSL cards in the mail to you this morning before we left for the Canyon.
    Last edited by aerreal; 05-03-2021 at 13:56.

Hammock
    Onewind Double Hammock
    Tarp
    C Gorilla Fortres2
    Insulation
    Down Under | Upper
    Suspension
    1/8 Amsteel Whoopy
    Images
    Woot! Indeed a great crowd to hang with, I sure am upset I missed it!

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    NF-33 road into Airplane Flat campground.jpg the road was nice and Dry Thursday

It was a good time seeing old friends and making new ones.

Cody 2.jpg Cody is a treat - great camp mascot.

Thursday Dinner of Redfish Pulled Pork was great, Friday Dinner of AZSteelman's Smoked Pork Ribs that were seasoned with Irish spirits and a side of Wolverine Dutch oven Jalapeno Garlic Potatoes was fabulousRandy's smoked pork ribs with Kurt's potatoes.jpg,
    and Hounds Saturday night special of Spaghetti and Meatballs was a great dinner to end the hang on.

Laura's breakfast Burrito's on Saturday morning were a real treat.

And Jim's Pretzel's are never turned down. masked man.jpg

Some great gastro-Hanging as usual
    round table.jpg
    Last edited by Artful; 05-04-2021 at 00:44.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345