I have a tiny problem ...

So, the last time I was out, back in mid-October, I set up my hammock and UQ as usual. However, my UQ kept popping out from under me and I froze all night and had to keep readjusting it.

I have a Chameleon hammock and Hammock Gear 10-degree quilts. I HAD been using the S-biners the quilts came with to hang the UQ from my suspension as usual, but one of them broke on the previous trip and I just used a standard, small aluminum carabiner.

I took everything to the park about a week later to try and figure out the problem, but I'm not sure I've dialed in the issue.

I got some quilt hangers incoming from Dutch and I'm hoping they will be here tomorrow so I can try to figure them out before I do another trip.

Does anyone have tips to help my UQ stay where it's supposed to be?

Thanks in advance.

mik

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    You can do something like this and clip your quilt suspension into them
    Also if you hammock has tie out try not using them
    20210312_195527.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikitta View Post
    So, the last time I was out, back in mid-October, I set up my hammock and UQ as usual. However, my UQ kept popping out from under me and I froze all night and had to keep readjusting it.

I have a Chameleon hammock and Hammock Gear 10-degree quilts. I HAD been using the S-biners the quilts came with to hang the UQ from my suspension as usual, but one of them broke on the previous trip and I just used a standard, small aluminum carabiner.

I took everything to the park about a week later to try and figure out the problem, but I'm not sure I've dialed in the issue.

I got some quilt hangers incoming from Dutch and I'm hoping they will be here tomorrow so I can try to figure them out before I do another trip.

Does anyone have tips to help my UQ stay where it's supposed to be?

Thanks in advance.

mik
    The stock Chameleon comes with quilt hooks... are you using those and still have this problem?

Also, check out Shug's video on UQ adjustment. From your brief description I'm guessing that the UQ's primary suspension is not tight enough.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    Arrowhead equipment makes “triangle thingies”. I have no experience using them, but I’ve seen them when looking through their site and made a mental note for later if I ever need them for my kid’s hammocks.

https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/...eThingies.html

Here’s what the AE says about them. If you try them, report back if they worked out for you!

The UQ Triangle Thingies help to improve the hang of an under a quilt on many popular hammocks. By changing the angle at which the quilt hangs you get a better and easier fit for many quilts. Lifting the quilt into place under the hammock works better than trying to pull it up from the ends of the hammock the way many quilts have hung in the past. Now with the UQTT's even some of the heavier winter quilts will hold to the hammock with a better fit, resulting in fewer air gaps and less chance of the quilt sagging away from the hammock during the night.
    The UQTT's attached to the base of your hammock suspension, they adjust using Line Locks with shock cord lines to micro carabiners (included) that will clip onto the corner loops on many under quilts (not all quilts can be used with UQTT's) And hammocks with a ridgeline work best to help support the UQTT and the quilt. UQTT's are made from Sil nylon. Weight is 1 3/4 oz per pair.

Sold in Pairs...one Hammock worth.

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    Also, here’s a link to a thread elsewhere in the forum where folks talk in depth about the triangle thingies, and it includes a review video:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...gies-In-Detail

• + New Posts