Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*

New BBXLC and Wooki owner

Got the package in yesterday and measured out the 16", set the sweetspot level, then took it into the woods down to 34* last night. Aside from the conductor who blew the train whistle 100 yds away from me at 2 am, had a great night's sleep. I'll have to find the weather to test down to the 20* rating here soon. The lightweight double layer actually stays at the height I set it up over night, so no need to adjust or account for sagging and stretching. No cold spots when I laid in the right spot and easy "vent" to get just a but more diagonal and get my neck onto some un-insulated fabric. Never actually did up the footbox on my TQ or put on my beanie, to give an idea of warmth.

Mistakes were made by me when I chose the colors... lol, gonna have to be careful getting in and out.

HUFWt3H.jpg
    Last edited by Hang Williams; 03-09-2021 at 16:33.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Congrats! You're in for treat every time you sleep in your hammock, including the treat some day when you miss the hammock and find the Wooki instead. Been there - done that - twice! before I learned to always use my hands and not just my eyes to sit down. It's incredible how many regrets can flash through your mind just before your butt hits the ground. Fortunately, I wasn't even bruised. Plenty of padding.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Planning on a Fern Green BlackBird with a Fern Green Wookie myself. Figured I’d paid my “sat on the UQ instead of the hammock” already. Several times already.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I own a double light layer XLC myself and love it! I dont have a lot of experience with other hammocks but every time I lay in one I dont find it as comfortable as my XLC. Enjoy, thats a great setup! The shelf is so handy too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Planning on a Fern Green BlackBird with a Fern Green Wookie myself. Figured I’d paid my “sat on the UQ instead of the hammock” already. Several times already.
    That's a nice color, and true to its name. My BBXLC is that color, with an ocean blue top cover. My wooki has the reverse - blue for the inner layer to differentiate it from the hammock body, and green for the outer shell (the part that's got the down fill).

I just tried out out my new 0 degree Wooki this weekend (first time with a Wooki rather than an Incubator). It got down to 31. I'm a cold sleeper, so that's the kind of temp I wanted a 0 degree for. My Wooki performed fabulously. No shock cord digging into my head, no adjustments, and no cold spots. I need to get a 0 degree top quilt though. I got a little chilly on top with my 30 degree.

I have a purple XLC with a snow camo inner/true blue outer UQ. I specifically picked a light color on the UQ to contrast with my hammock and hopefully avoid the "sitting on the UQ issue" - we'll see how it works out!

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    I spent another night in it down to 37 this time so a few degrees warmer. The thing is awesome. I'm nowhere near the comfort limit on it. If I drift from the sweet spot in the night, I'll get a little chill, but with the 3 layers of fabric, it's pretty muted and it's easy to find the sweet spot again. I actually slept thru sunrise for the first time in a hammock.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BBXLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20 Wooki
    I should be getting my BBXLC today or tomorrow! Ordered it in autumn orange. My 20 degree wooki doesn't come until later in the month. I'm excited for camping season and hoping we don't get locked down again here in Ontario.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by S__JG View Post
    I should be getting my BBXLC today or tomorrow! Ordered it in autumn orange. My 20 degree wooki doesn't come until later in the month. I'm excited for camping season and hoping we don't get locked down again here in Ontario.
    Most excellent

Hammock
    Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket
    Congrats on the new set-up. I kept mine the same color and haven't had any issues (yet) with sitting/laying on the wrong one, but my main set-up is just different shades of green and the hammock and UQ do look slightly different with the fabric type.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast