Looking fir seclusion

Hi folks i am looking for a backing or super back country camp site. I live in Indianapolis and don't want to drive more than 12 hrs. The trip will be sometime in june. I am looking for a spot where i might see 2 to 3 groups of people max in 5 days.

Every suggestion will be appreciated thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    We're about 4 hours further than you want to go but Colorado would be a good option. Shaving hour off and you could hit Wyoming still 15 hours though

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    If you want isolation simply head south in June and you'll have your pick of back country sites as many of us hang it up in mid May due to the heat

Hammock
    summer XLC,winter dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG dyneema hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/cam buckle
    Images
    In June you might see a few more folks, but I thru-hiked the Ozark Trail in Feb-Mar 2017 and only saw a handful of people in three weeks. I've done sections of it in warmer months and have the impression that most of the trail is lightly used all year. My wife's family lives in central Indiana and it takes us under 6 hours to get there. From Indy on I-70, the northern terminus of the OT is under 5 hours and most of the other trailheads would be under 6. If you'd like to read a review of the entire trail with pictures, I posted one here on the forum: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...rail-Thru-Hike
    Last edited by twentybelow; 03-07-2021 at 09:44.

Sounds like i need to look into this thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PBThompson View Post
    Hi folks i am looking for a backing or super back country camp site. I live in Indianapolis and don't want to drive more than 12 hrs. The trip will be sometime in june. I am looking for a spot where i might see 2 to 3 groups of people max in 5 days.
    Dispersed camping is allowed throughout most of the Hoosier National Forest. Dispersed camping is acceptable on National Forest System lands away from developed campgrounds, nearly anywhere your camping equipment and/or vehicle does not block developed trails or road rights-of-way. It is not necessary to check in with the Forest Service when you camp overnight.
    Where dispersed camping is NOT allowed:

within campgrounds
    along roads, parking areas, or day use areas within developed recreation areas
    at day use trailheads or parking areas, including boat launches
    within Pioneer Mothers Memorial Forest (Orange County)
    within the Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower site (Monroe County adjacent to the Charles C. Deam Wilderness)
    within Hemlock Cliffs area (Crawford County)

200-plus square miles of dispersed camping ought to get you a secluded spot.

• + New Posts