Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images

15th Annual Spring MAHHA 2021 NEW LOCATION

Oh heyyyy there.
    Don't miss the 15th Annual Spring MAHHA 2021

This is a Family-Friendly Event at a NEW LOCATION! We are continuing to be a little more COVID-conscious this year, but it will be great to get out! Please note all the changes below for this gathering along with lots of fun little perks that come with the new location.

WHEN
    FRIDAY, April 23 - SUNDAY, April 25

WHERE
    Caledonia State Park
    101 Pine Grove Rd, Fayetteville
    https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/F...s/default.aspx
    GPS DD: Lat. 39.9089 Long. -77.4783

We reserved all 5 group sites and have the PINE pavilion for the 24th, so plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, golf, and, as always, eating. The cost for this is covered with the raffle monies.

FULL CAMPGROUND MAP
    http://elibrary.dcnr.pa.gov/GetDocum...LE_ParkMap.pdf

GROUP CAMPGROUND MAP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1itD...ew?usp=sharing

PARKING GUIDE / MAP
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SAI...ew?usp=sharing
    The Yellow arrow shows the group campground entrance (gear drop off lot).
    The Pink arrow shows Parking Lot #1 where you can park your car for the event.
    The Blue arrow shows AT Overnight Parking lot if you are backpacking before/after event.

CALEDONIA REC MAP
    http://elibrary.dcnr.pa.gov/GetDocum..._ParkGuide.pdf

WHO'S COMING? SIGN UP - Please click the link below to sign up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FOOD DONATION SIGN UP – PINK underlined tab at the bottom of the page
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

EVENT DETAILS

Meals
    Meals will be COVID-19 conscious, therefore we request there be NO HOMEMADE FOODS to share. ONLY STORE-BOUGHT / PRE-PACKAGED FOODS will be accepted. We may rotate mealtimes to keep groupings smaller.
    Meal volunteers will serve with tongs and/or gloves.

Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for dinner. Please see the sign-up sheet for suggested food items. There are other items needed, please sign up if you are able.

We reserved the PINE pavilion in the Park (see maps attached for location). It is a few minutes’ walk to that pavilion, however there is a parking lot close by if you choose to drive. See map.
    - Saturday Breakfast: Pancakes, French Toast, & Sausage.
    - Saturday Dinner: Pulled Pork with delicious sauces and Kosher Hot Dogs.
    The cost for meals is covered with the raffle monies.

Precautions
    Please bring your own hand sanitizer, mask for close quarters, and observe all PA COVID-19 recommendations. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...Travelers.aspx
    Real talk tho. If you have a fever, showing COVID symptoms, or a family member is sick, please do not come to the event. We are asking you to take your temperature before heading to the gathering. The last thing we want is for anyone to get sick. We are asking for each group campsite to be cautious. We encourage attendees to wear a mask if you are planning on being in close quarters with a fellow hanger (showing your gear, sharing a ride, etc.). Also, please be respectful of other’s choices to wear a mask or not because of health conditions.

Cell Phone Coverage
    The park office mentions that they have pretty good cell service for Verizon but ATT can be sketchy. However, Wi-Fi is available at the park office with password shown in window. You will find best coverage toward Rt 30 corridor.

Free Camping
    All 5 of the group sites have been reserved for this event. The cost for these sites is covered with the raffle monies.

Pets
    Great news! This park is “pro pet”. However, they only welcome well behaved pets. Also, whether you bring a dog, cat, bird, or ferret, please keep him/her/them on a leash.

Free Firewood
    Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring. Friends of Caledonia are dropping off a load of firewood on Friday night as we will be donating to them with raffle monies. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood... but no chainsaws in the park.

Water
    The group site has water at the group camp bathhouse. Also, cool stuff, they have a sink outside of the restrooms for dishwashing. Another fun fact: with our reservation, we have shower privileges at the Hosack Run Campground. Just a short walk down the Chambersburg Waterline Trail and you have new, beautiful shower facility available for use. Yay!!

Bathrooms
    The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water. See above for shower house location.

Parking
    Our group will be the only one using the group parking lot. We should have enough room, but more parking is available at the park office. A quick walk down the Midland Trail will take you to Group Camping from there.

Pre-Hikers/Post-Hikers – New COVID regulations: they are not tracking cars for overnight parking at this time. You will get a ticket if you park in the campground overnight. Map for AT Overnight Parking: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K2o...ew?usp=sharing

Alcohol
    No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area.

Vendor Sales
    As with all MAHHAs, there will be no vendor sales. MAHHA hangs are for fun, new friends, food, chillin’, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit for this park and have no interest in obtaining one.

Raffle
    After the meal, we will hold a raffle, which pays for all costs incurred by our event. Any extra money is donated to the park, the AT, etc., and to reserve sites for the next MAHHA. Tickets $10 each.

Clean-up After Dinner
    After the meal and raffle: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Leaving Your Campsite
    Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up, again, let us leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF.

Organizers
    Thanks to Dutch, Vickence, and attendees for all your contributions and volunteer work on this event each year!!! We have an excellent group!!
    I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing
    - - - as though I had wings. Mary Oliver, Starlings in Winter

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Can't wait! A big Thank You to all who coordinate and work behind the scenes to put the gatherings together!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan View Post
    Can't wait! A big Thank You to all who coordinate and work behind the scenes to put the gatherings together!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much! We appreciate incredible people like you, BuckeyeFan.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    I've never been able to attend MAHHA, but when Dutch talked to me about it at the NOVA hang last Fall, I just knew I had to find a way to get it on my calendar. It's on now!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    I've never been able to attend MAHHA, but when Dutch talked to me about it at the NOVA hang last Fall, I just knew I had to find a way to get it on my calendar. It's on now!
    That's so exciting!!! Looking forward to meeting you and experiencing the park / AT section. I hope to enjoy some AT hiking on Saturday after breakfast.

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    Welp it's on the calendar. Carolina and TSH will be represented.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPickl View Post
    Welp it's on the calendar. Carolina and TSH will be represented.
    OH MY GOSH!!! We are trippin'.
    Can't wait for those southern vibes and all the reports of gear.

Hey! Finally got my hammock gear right before winter and covid hit last year. So looking to get out. I was in Maine, but moved back home to CT. So PA shouldnt be to bad. Not sure what i should do to plan and attend.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeLumberjack View Post
    Not sure what i should do to plan and attend.
    Oh hey there, fellow New Englander! We'd love to have you. Above there are links to sign up to attend as well as a page to help with foods. Go ahead and reserve the date on your calendar with the address so you can Google Map (or WAZE) yourself there. I do encourage you to read over the write up to learn about what else you will need. Super exciting to have completed your set up. That's such a great feeling. Ready, set, start packing.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    A hearty howdy to y’all and thanks for joining us at MAHHA this Spring! Our First donation has arrived, and we are excited to spotlight this awesome USA cottage company. See if you can guess who it is before scrolling to the bottom.

Karen and John, who have a shop in Ohio, have a goal to equip backcountry travelers (I love this). Each piece of gear is made right in their home with quality and responsibly sourced materials. This husband / wife team of outdoor adventurers are backpackers themselves and love hammocking as well as tenting AND are excited to support this year’s MAHHA gathering. In fact, they themselves orchestrate Hammock Gatherings in their neck of the woods. Pretty cool to know there are others that enjoy these events as much as we do.

This honest, family-owned operation offers tarps, hammocks, and quilts that you will want to check out. They have some sweet patterns and prime stitching techniques that will hold up to the fiercest of storms. Head on over their website to check out their product reviews from well-respected channels, as well as event slide shows that offer some very happy faces.

A BIG thank you goes to John and Karen, owners of Trailheadz, for the $100 gift certificate donated toward this year’s hang. We appreciate your investment in the Hammock and Trail Communities.
    Trailheadz Logo.jpg
    Give their sites a look-see. What would complete your hammock set up?
    Website https://www.trailheadzhammocks.com/
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TrailHeadzHammocks/
    Last edited by Dutchette; 03-18-2021 at 10:11.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast