WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Full time hanging in a wbxlc?..

Just curious, anyone out there using a wbxlc for full time hanging? If so, how long/how many nights will a xlc last before its worn out and need to be replaced? Also any suggestions for hammock stands to use in a bedroom? Thanks for the info!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I've slept every night in my WBBB XLC since Jan. 2017 except for when I go camping once or twice a month in my other WBBB XLC. These hammocks are solid and well-made in all respects. Still using original whoopies too. I'll let you know when my hammock fails, but it's going to be awhile since there are no signs of wear yet. The same testimonial is true for WB's Wooki UQs and Mamba TQs.

I don't have advice for stands in a bedroom other than to get a bigger bedroom so that you can use a Tato stand which requires at least 18' in length. In my situation, I'm hanging from floor joists in a 24' wide basement area. Since the ceiling is 7', I placed chrome ENO anchors 22' apart.

Hope you can figure out something that works. I traded a nice bedroom situation for a basement hammock area so that I could get a good night's sleep. Hammock sleeping cured my sciatic issues and knee pain associated with ACL problems. I'm so committed to sleeping well that I use hammocks stands in hotel rooms rather than use their beds. Hmmm...I should open a new traveler's chain called Hammock Hotels with the motto - "You can check-out any time you like, but you may never want to leave."
    The game is the best teacher.

After considerable research, I decided to purchase one and am waiting for it in the mail. It's one of the most well made and durable hammocks on the market. Never personally heard of one failing during a hang. I live in a hammock, so... I wouldn't be purchasing one if I didn't have faith in it. I'd say pull the trigger if you're on the fence. I'm sure others will have more to say if you're not convinced.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Not a WBBB XLC, but I sleep in a WB Eldorado (same difference) every night for almost 1 year. No signs of wear, no issues. Previous to the Eldorado I slept in my DIY hammock for 3-ish years, no issues.

As far as a hammock stand, the Tensa4 works great. Just be sure to at least anchor one end into a wall stud with an eye bolt. Then, you can take the whole set-up camping, easy-peasy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have been sleeping in a Heavyweight Double Layer XLC/Eldorado most nights since about 2018. Before that, I did use a Heavyweight Double Layer Traveler XL for another year. I have never had a hammock fail on me so far. My oldest hammock is a Heavyweight DL Blackbird from 2010, and while it shows some signs of wear, this is mostly due to the fact that it was my first hammock and I didn't always treat it nicely. Nevertheless, I expect I will rather pass it down than break it.

The only things that will shorten the life of reasonably strong hammock (I'm not talking about 30D or 20D single layer hammocks), are sharp or pointy things and UV-radiation. If you had the patience of measuring the life span, I bet an indoor hammock would live longer than an outdoor hammock, even if it's used more heavily - simply because it sees less UV-radiation. I would say, the chances that you get bored with your hammock and switch to another model are much higher than actually wearing it out.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    2 - WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Wookie custom
    Suspension
    Dyneema Buckles
    Images
    Hey All... I've been in mine every night for the last 288 nights. BBXLC double with a wookie / 2QZQ UQP and a Thunderfly. It is the greatest comfort and experience I've had in a long time. Something about heading outside every night with my headlamp and whatever blanket / quilt or sleeping bag the nights temp calls for is SO therapeutic ! My equipment has shown NO weakness or potential issues. I am a fairly thick passenger as well.. 240lbs. And I can say that I keep my fly tight with pull out pulls and I am high and dry every night - Cheers

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I'm a mostly full time hanger, albeit there are times at night when I return from a pit stop I opt for the Tempurpedic. I just sold my SL WBBB XLC and this was largely due to my nightly experiences. I can could not longer seriously consider being restricted to asym sleeping habits as I found the versatile ability to shift about in a sym hammock paramount, for me. The hammock stand I use can be seen in the FS classifieds under a Chameleon Cloud ad (a color selection mistake that has been corrected). I like this stand because I can easily shift it around the room and use it for my lounging couch for napping or watching computer videos, plus sleeping at night. I also have my Hammocktent 90 suspended from the red iron truss system that I haul up or down for using mostly for night sleeping as it is my most comfortable hammock, by far.

The stand cost me $5 at a local used building materials center. I also picked up another one that is 15' between the ends for the same price and saw one yesterday too. The idea being you can pick these up for a song if you have a similar resource available and are attentive.

PS: It is also possible to use an asym as a sym GE if the bugnet/topcover is removed for most GEs. However the WBBB XLC shelf makes this more problematic.
    Last edited by OlTrailDog; 03-13-2021 at 11:16.

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 ft 2.2 oz Hex 70
    Insulation
    HF wool DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling DIY
    I am using this stand with my DIY 2.2oz Hex 70 hammock I made for over a year now. The stand works great and I have not had any back problems since. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...od-style-stand

• + New Posts