Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY 12' MTN 1.3 netless
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties

The Bridge Button - protect your tarp from spreader poles!

Nich from Fugal Innovations here. I just came out with a new product that you bridge hammock users and dual gathered end hangers will find useful.

I'm sure you know the feeling when you get in and out of your hammock and watch the pole tips rub on your tarp. The Bridge Buttons install onto the hammock permanently and protect your tarp from those pesky poles. Check out the link below for more pictures and videos.

Enjoy!

https://www.fugal-innovations.com/pr...ridge-buttons/

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Inventor of Turtle Ties
    Founder of Fugal Innovations, LLC
    fugal-innovations.com

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UQ Lynx Full
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Sold! Just watched a video on these. I'm your recent order from Texas! https://youtu.be/KAnyk8BKJ6E

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 12' MTN 1.3 netless
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanLowdermilk View Post
    Sold! Just watched a video on these. I'm your recent order from Texas! https://youtu.be/KAnyk8BKJ6E

Thanks a ton! I'd love to see pictures when you get them up.
    Inventor of Turtle Ties
    fugal-innovations.com

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Seems like a really cool invention! Will keep an eye out for those metal hardware instructions.

Hammock
    DIY 12' MTN 1.3 netless
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    Seems like a really cool invention! Will keep an eye out for those metal hardware instructions.
    I've got old style RR's in transit to develop the process and video, it's probably 1-2 weeks out before I get it released. I suggest subscribing to my YouTube channel to be notified when the video is available.

For those unable or unwilling to modify their own hammocks I'll also be offering a mail in service, along with some other cool suspension mods (to be announced!).
    Inventor of Turtle Ties
    fugal-innovations.com

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UQ Lynx Full
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Received my order yesterday. Crazy fast shipping!

Note regarding installation. Although Rob Pelton, who I enjoy greatly, said these were hard to install, my experience was antithetical to his. In fact it took me a little over 5 minutes to install all 4!

What I did was, first get one side of the line installed on the button then install the other side of the line on the other side of the button. Honestly, quite simple. Wondering if Rob perhaps tried to push the button thru as a whole. That, admittedly would be very hard.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Rob Pelton has a video up on Youtube on this product. he's a big fan of the Ridgerunner and has done a few vid's in regards to its use.

Hammock
    DIY 12' MTN 1.3 netless
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanLowdermilk View Post
    What I did was, first get one side of the line installed on the button then install the other side of the line on the other side of the button.
    Glad you got it to work so well! I also wondered if Rob tried that, but when he was filming the first one he did just as you described, at least at first. I think Rob may have just been unlucky with how small his eyes happened to be spliced.

After doing several more installs myself, I've noticed another tip for installation. In the picture below you can see that where the eye separates to go around the button the strand going on top passes around the strand going below. Saving that strand for last will give just a bit more wiggle room when trying to pull it over the button, but it's enough of a difference to be noticable.

Inventor of Turtle Ties
    fugal-innovations.com

Hammock
    DIY 12' MTN 1.3 netless
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by fugalster View Post
    In the picture below you can see...
    Pulled a rookie move and forgot to attach the photo

Inventor of Turtle Ties
    fugal-innovations.com

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I install mine last night and clocked the first button install at 57 seconds. Turns out, I was lucky enough to have selected the line with the most generous loop. The other three were a bit more of a struggle. It will help to have a flat blade screwdriver “encourager”. But be really careful with those Amsteel treads - push, not cut.

There might be a few factors involved. First, though Amsteel doesn’t stretch, it will elongate slightly as it’s used and the weave tightens up. The tolerances are so tight that even a little elongation will help. Second, it appears Ron tried to install the buttons while the RR was suspended, putting more strain on everything. I installed mine while sitting on the living room couch - nothing was under tension. Third, I don’t believe the RR is made by machine. If a person, rather than machine, is making those pin openings, there will be variation. And WarBonnet didn’t design the hole to match the button - there was little reason to focus on machine like uniformity. So one line might have an easier installation than another.

First I MADE SURE I was installing the button pointed in the right direction. Then I put the”base” side of the Amsteel loop in first and pushed it in the groove with the screwdriver. Then, using my thumbs, I worked and worked and worked the top of the loop over the button and pushed it into the groove on the other side.

As the action memory fades, I imagine just pushing the back of the button though the loop and twisting it so the lines snug into the slots. But the fit is so tight that I needed all the additional range I could get by putting the first side in one slot first, then going over the edge with the other loop side.

Again, if the suspension on the RR (newer design, not the metal hardware) has been used enough to tighten the weave, the button installation could be just a little easier.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 03-12-2021 at 16:19.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast