Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to revisit this since the spring, as it's been way too warm in Alabama to use a 20deg UQ! Either later on this month or next month, I'll likely pull this quilt back out and see if I can get it set a little bit better.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Wookie UQ Bobcat T
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    I have a wookie on my dream hammock and the rubber band didn't work so I took it off and just made that a bit longer and it fit. Took a bit of tweaking.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Wookie UQ Bobcat T
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Now that it's day light here is how I modded the ends to fit better.

Head end I added a continuous loop and I loop it around my suspension and kinda toggle it with my excess woopie sling. Could use a carabineer.

On the foot end I tied some shock cord to it and hooked that upto a carabineer, and then just loop it until it's right.

20211016_103000.jpg
    20211016_102840.jpg
    20211016_103649.jpg

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I managed to get out this past weekend and get another night hanging in the hammock. Overnight low was 16deg, and windchill was in the single digits. I had my 20deg yeti with an underquilt protector to cut down on heat loss from wind. In the hammock, I have a 20deg HG top quilt. I put on an extra layer of ultra thick wool socks on over my hiking socks and had a piece of reflectix inside the footbox of my TQ. I made it through the night, but it was really cold. I ended up having to put hand warmers inside my socks and curl up a bit in the hammock to get my legs and feet warm. I'm starting to think that for temperatures below ~25deg I'm going to want a full length UQ.

Quote Originally Posted by docbrown View Post
    I managed to get out this past weekend and get another night hanging in the hammock. Overnight low was 16deg, and windchill was in the single digits. I had my 20deg yeti with an underquilt protector to cut down on heat loss from wind. In the hammock, I have a 20deg HG top quilt. I put on an extra layer of ultra thick wool socks on over my hiking socks and had a piece of reflectix inside the footbox of my TQ. I made it through the night, but it was really cold. I ended up having to put hand warmers inside my socks and curl up a bit in the hammock to get my legs and feet warm. I'm starting to think that for temperatures below ~25deg I'm going to want a full length UQ.
    I started with a 3/4" UQ and had to learn to adjust. It did not have the secondary suspension and I added that and it made a pretty big difference. However, the 3/4 quilt that I use is about 6" longer than the Yeti. I moved in the direction of your last sentence. I bought a full length and now use it under 25F. I see that you are from Huntsville. I lived there back in 87-89. At the rate that it was growing then, I doubt I would recognize the place now.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyHanger View Post
    I see that you are from Huntsville. I lived there back in 87-89. At the rate that it was growing then, I doubt I would recognize the place now.
    Likely not. Apart from a stint in Orlando from 2002-2008, I've been in Huntsville since 86. It is definitely a completely different city now from what I remember growing up with. Happily, there is a lot of attention to greenways, bike paths, and hiking trails despite the continued growth. My wife and I chose to come back here to raise our kids, and we're quite happy here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12